Sign in to follow this  
JollyHolly

Echo the game - Student looking for feedback

Hello everyone!

As a part of our education here in stockholm, we created a small game during four weeks earlier this spring. It's called echo and is inspired by games like Inside, Limbo and little nightmares. It would mean the world to us if you'd like to play it and maybe provide some feedback. While the game itself will not se anymore changes, we as students would like to hear from other creators. It was created by ten students. Three desginers, four 3D artits, two 2D artists and one animator. We created it in four weeks.

I recommend playing it with an X-box controller connected to your PC and playing it with sound in order to really get into the atmosphere. 

The game is completely free, and does not require anything other than unziping it! (windows only)

https://lions-vultures.itch.io/echo

Thank you all in advance and have a great day!

Edited by JollyHolly

That was great, it's a great example of a short game that could actually be a prototype for a "real" game, like Limbo or Inside indeed.

I really liked the story but even more the way it's told : no text, just exposition, nice :)

The art work is pretty neat for such a short project, impressive. At first i found the wooden floor funny and weird but I guess that's also part of storytelling. And there's also a good use of lighting to guide the player eyes where he needs to look at.

Maybe you could have highlighted a bit more some elements, like the handles the player has to pull down simultaneously, a bit hard to notice at first glance.

Technically, everything worked smoothly (with the xbox one controller).

Great job to all of you !!