Sign in to follow this  
blackdog

Dying Light 2

Dying light 2 was delayed with no new release date given. However, that's no reason to be sad, Dying Light 1 is still going strong 5 years after release.

The 5th anniversary was on January 26, 2020 (coincidentally, Jan 26 is also my bday :shifty:), and Techland did not settle for one day of celebrations; instead it will be a full month.

The celebrations start today, Feb 20 and will go through March 20 with 4 different events spread over each week: new skins, new weapons, new blueprints, C4 explosives added, community rewards, new DLCs...

And if this is not enough, then Dying Light is FREE this weekend on steam (If you haven't played it yet, now is the right time before DL2 hits the public)

https://store.steampowered.com/app/239140/Dying_Light/

I don't think I would ever put aggregate play time on display... it's scary to think how much time was "wasted" playing.

Darn I still want to play this but haven't touched the PC in a while, and still have so many other games already purchased on my accounts...

31 minutes ago, will2k said:

Techland talks a bit about Ray Tracing in Dying Light 2

and not a moment longer "We have ray tracing, it's gonna be dope!"

Dying Light 2 still has no release date yet, but... Dying Light is getting a full blown DLC right this summer.

Dying Light’s new DLC Hellraid will be your ticket to Hell and back. No, it’s not a metaphor.

You will be literally hacking through demonic hordes of Hell. You can wishlist it on Steam right now: https://store.steampowered.com/app/13...

It all started with an arcade machine survivors found in the Tower’s basement while investigating an odd power outage. None of them could remember seeing this strange device ever before. They moved it upstairs, unaware of its true nature.

Shake up your Dying Light experience with the upcoming paid DLC introducing a new game mode based on Techland’s unreleased first-person fantasy slasher Hellraid.

Explore a new dungeon area, arm yourself with brand-new weapons, and face vicious enemies straight from the depths of Hell. Tackle this fresh challenge alone or join forces with your friends for a thrilling co-op.

Here's the teaser trailer for the DLC

And in case you are wondering, Hellraid was originally a full game that Techland was developing back in 2012-2013, and then got cancelled in 2014. Now it's re-emerging as a DLC inside Dying Light.

Here's the E3 2014 trailer of the game

2 hours ago, blackdog said:

There was this showcase post regarding environments.

Good catch :)

I think most of these modular assets would be reused in the DLC since the latest version of Hellraid before cancellation in 2014 was already upgraded to Chrome Engine 6 (same build as Dying Light).

Sounds like the scope of the project grew past the leads experience. When you find yourself pushing onto new grounds you're gonna have to improvise a bit, which is why they probably got devs saying the project is a "total mess". People get frustrated especially once they've poured time into something only to have it changed or removed. But that's the thing with any development environment. Most often than not, things change or are scrapped. However, I think someone with a good vision and experience can help mitigate those issues.