Sign in to follow this  
blackdog

Dying Light 2

Video games are fucking hard to make.

Tools are getting better, but expectations double on a yearly basis, for both the quality of the products and how well they need to sell.

Also, the fact that the new gen of consoles is around the corner, probably has something to do with it too.

I think not a single person would be mad about an announcement like this, as long as it's for the developers well being and to also make a better game. The former is what concerns me, we've been seeing a lot of delays lately, and I'm certain the people making these games will crunch for the duration of that delay, and that sucks.

17 hours ago, [HP] said:

Also, the fact that the new gen of consoles is around the corner, probably has something to do with it too.

I'm hearing a lot of folks saying that both DL2 and CP2077 were delayed to accommodate the release of the next generation of consoles. Is this a valid theory? Do we know when these consoles will be out?

3 hours ago, will2k said:

I'm hearing a lot of folks saying that both DL2 and CP2077 were delayed to accommodate the release of the next generation of consoles. Is this a valid theory? Do we know when these consoles will be out?

Ideally you want to release before the new generation so you can catch on the market while everyone is buying cheaper previous generations and I think this was the main reason for us and CDP to announce the game in early 2020. But don't take my word for it :

3 hours ago, Lizard said:

Ideally you want to release before the new generation so you can catch on the market while everyone is buying cheaper previous generations and I think this was the main reason for us and CDP to announce the game in early 2020. But don't take my word for it :

I think R* were very smart with GTAV. They released on PS3/X360, a year later when the new consoles were out, they released it there, another year passed and they released it on PC. I think staggering the releases like this was very well played, it ensures that the name of the game lingers around for a longer span of time.

Obviously not all titles would lend themselves to this strategy, but It's one that's not used enough.

13 hours ago, will2k said:

New consoles are always released in the holiday season; October/November so they are available for Black Friday, I believe.

Pretty sure that’s what they did for the PS5… just check that topic it must have been reported.

Edited by blackdog