[HL2:EP2] Stalked

Xblah

Hi.

It's been a long time since the last time I mapped for HL2. I decided to start small and make a single map with about 5min of gameplay, set in a haunted house. Most of the gameplay is scripted, but the player must explore the place in order to escape.I tried to avoid the common jump scares and instead, setup a suspense feel.

The map is rather dark, but there are frequent lightnings that light up the place. My intention was to sometimes let the player get lost, so he must stop, wait for the bright lightning to show the way he must go.

Unfortunately, I only posted screenshots for the first half of the game, as the second half contains major spoilers.

It's not finished yet, but I'm looking for some beta testers to help me "break" the game, so I can close all gaps, as well as evaluate the ambience, the gameplay and the dificulty of puzzles and navigation.

All the help will be apreciated. You can post here or message me inbox if interested. Thanks in advance.

a50046.jpg

a50029.jpg

a50018.jpg

a50007.jpg

a50057.jpg

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• MapCore on Discord

• Our picks

• Post in Yanzl's Source Emporium
      Two new asset releases!

First up is Basalt. Sadly I can't release all of the assets as some of the nature stuff is from Megascans and can't be redistributed. Also only includes the assets I've made.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/e86kdqwpvhhs5x6/Basalt.zip?dl=0

Second one is assets I've made for Pitstop. A small release that includes some road and concrete trim textures, a bunch of sponsors and some skybox buildings that might be useful.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/x6tn3b6nfo2u77d/Pitstop.zip?dl=0

As always, free for non-commercial use with attribution.