Sign in to follow this  
blackdog

Hitman 2

2 hours ago, Dea said:

That feels like an odd move considering Definitive Edition has just been out for like only 3 months before a better alternative has come along. I wonder if they knew that this would be part of Hitman 2 when they released Definitive Edition.

Yes the Definitive Edition trailer was mentioning this, I digged the old topic and posted the trailer there when it came out.

Since will be a while before I get the sequel, I think I’ll still get the Definitive Edition. Also my understanding is that all special missions, elusive targets etc, are available only in the original gam, they haven’t mentioned them in connection of these remastered maps for the sequel (but fact check me) 

Everybody has a different perspective on "value".
I have stopped buying at full price ages ago, I've done some preorders in the last couple years, but only because there were occasional major pre-sale deals (-40% on Mad Max and Batman Arkham Knight!)

The Hitman serie definitely goes way beyond what the average AAA offers, in terms of hours of playtime for a SP title… that for me has become actually a reason not to buy because I struggle to play standard length games.

I'm quite the fan of Hitman and still plan to play World of Assassination… after I finally play Absolution :D

6 hours ago, blackdog said:

Everybody has a different perspective on "value".
I have stopped buying at full price ages ago, I've done some preorders in the last couple years, but only because there were occasional major pre-sale deals (-40% on Mad Max and Batman Arkham Knight!)

The Hitman serie definitely goes way beyond what the average AAA offers, in terms of hours of playtime for a SP title… that for me has become actually a reason not to buy because I struggle to play standard length games.

I'm quite the fan of Hitman and still plan to play World of Assassination… after I finally play Absolution :D

Oh, don't get me wrong - I like the series, but always felt it was overpriced. The levels remind of playing chess, in that the game is very simple, but there are a lot of moves. Like Chess however, I can only move my piece in a very narrow set of directions.

So, the amount of money being asked for a game which is limited by level design feels forced to hide the fact the levels are very simple for the money. Lots of waiting for the NPC's to move into their pre-determined positions and animation sequences, laid out by the game designer.

I think it's odd level designing in that it could be argued the level designing is more about placing NPC's into a pre-built level, rather than line of sight geometry of say, an FPS. If you or anyone has any talks on the level designing for Hitman series, or even some design documents; I'd love to read them.

But yah, the levels feel like a forcing of the player, whereby they must sit and wait a lot of the time, just to make the level/session take longer than it would probably need to be.

A small point: why has DX12 been cut from this release? And the CPU demand seems way higher than 2016. Glacier engine revamp for consoles? Something under the hood has changed somewhere. Wouldn't mind finding out what and why.