Sign in to follow this  
blackdog

Hitman 2

Didn't realise there's a bonus mini-game attached to the pre-order. A rehash of the Sniper Challenge that came out before Absolution. I remember having expectations of that mini-game to grow laterally with several things that have appeared in World of Assassination. Wonder if this will tie in together the main game at some point.

Edited by blackdog

I think IOI should improve their communication/advertising of the game.

It is now on pre-sale on Steam and on there, there are no details on what the different editions entail. There's a screenshot that mentions "expansions" and that's it.
No better on their website, there's a table with the different features available to different editions, but is not explained further.
I mean: what are these expansions? Is this game coming with all missions available at once? Because of the success with World of Assassination, I was expecting the sequel to continue on the same way... seeing this makes me think otherwise, and they went back to the traditional model game+DLC.

https://hitman.com/purchase

@Sentura you still work there and can clarify maybe?

Edited by blackdog

Loved the previous Hitman. The second mission set in Italy has some of the best level design I've ever seen, played it a few times, and they all felt diferent. 

Can't wait for this, looking great. 

5 hours ago, [HP] said:

Loved the previous Hitman. The second mission set in Italy has some of the best level design I've ever seen, played it a few times, and they all felt diferent. 

Can't wait for this, looking great. 

I guess you don't have it installed anymore?
I just digged the old topic because I stumbled on the GOTY video that explains additional content. Would be interesting to know if certain updates carry on to previous editions. (From a production standpoint I would think it would be easier to push updates to everyone, for a game that was released "as a service")

I reported this recently, but IOI has recently released a second trailer explaining in more detail how World of Assassination and the sequel intertwine, what gamers get with the release of the sequel, on both games:

This is I would say unprecedented in terms of fairness to their customer base.

Seems pointless getting WoA now, but at the same time seems like something to do just to reward their effort. 

That feels like an odd move considering Definitive Edition has just been out for like only 3 months before a better alternative has come along. I wonder if they knew that this would be part of Hitman 2 when they released Definitive Edition.