Sign in to follow this  
blackdog

Control (Remedy)

Remedy got me scared this morning as I woke up to a stream of tweets mentioning this game and sounded like was PS4 exclusive, which is not the case: coming to PC, Xbox and PS4 in 2019.

The game has some crazy environments and subject to incredible powers... but I must say after the underwhelming Quantum Break it's not creating as much hype as I would want for me. Doesn't help it also looks a lot like QB, at least in regard to special effects and way the character move.

In that shot where they pull the camera up from the pistol I was like: "wait, is that Lauren Cohan?" but then read some comments and people pointing out she seems to be the same actress impersonating Beth Wilder in Quantum Break, so there's a speculation this could be a spin-off.

There will be more info tomorrow

No dog around* tho/yet, so that could be another game (I think they said they are working at multiple projects, they also changed offices again in an even bigger space)

* for those wondering what I mean

Edited by blackdog

Sam Lake himself talks Control

also very curious that they are explaining in this chat their concerns about security, up to the point of travelling in separate groups...

I mean makes total sense, makes me think to the football team that was wiped because the plane crashed. Might be even be standard practice for the AAA studios, just gives you a chill hearing this.

Edited by blackdog

Finally bailable, the video of the panel Geoff tweeted about a few days ago: ten min of gameplay (from which the trailer was taken) and some explaining

Animations look rough and this pulling debries to shield don’t seem to impact the environment the way they explain it… but maybe is just because the early stage of dev. It would be very interesting to find out how the place reconfigures the way it does.

It's cool to see Remedy improve their technology and try new gameplay concepts, but darn it! I want Alan Wake 2. I feel at this point as that game is becoming the next ep3.

3 hours ago, Radu said:

It's cool to see Remedy improve their technology and try new gameplay concepts, but darn it! I want Alan Wake 2. I feel at this point as that game is becoming the next ep3.

AW2 was never teased or announced, unlike EP3

Yeah, I don't think Remedy will ever wanna make another sequel, I remember reading that MP2 really burned the staff, working on the same franchise for nearly a decade can be bothersome for everyone.

This looks legit man, I love what Control is doing, and I love they're being smart and lending a lot of what they did right with Quantum Break, while working on what it wasn't that good. This is definitely a day1 purchase to me.

1 hour ago, [HP] said:

Yeah, I don't think Remedy will ever wanna make another sequel, I remember reading that MP2 really burned the staff, working on the same franchise for nearly a decade can be bothersome for everyone.

This looks legit man, I love what Control is doing, and I love they're being smart and lending a lot of what they did right with Quantum Break, while working on what it wasn't that good. This is definitely a day1 purchase to me.

Understandable, it's though to do a follow up of a great game, especially right after, but I feel like after these current projects they could say that they've had quite the breath of fresh air. For me it's just hard not to look at some of the mechanics and environment design and not imagine how well they would fit within the supernatural world of AW. I think I remember Sam Lake saying in an interview that they would like to revisit AW at some point, just not sure when that would be the right time.

I do look forward to Control in the meantime.

3 hours ago, Radu said:

Understandable, it's though to do a follow up of a great game, especially right after, but I feel like after these current projects they could say that they've had quite the breath of fresh air. For me it's just hard not to look at some of the mechanics and environment design and not imagine how well they would fit within the supernatural world of AW. I think I remember Sam Lake saying in an interview that they would like to revisit AW at some point, just not sure when that would be the right time.

I do look forward to Control in the meantime.

If you missed it in the past, this is the best article I've ever read about an Alan Wake 2, I think is to date the only one with actual content developed for AW2, there was even a video but is not showing for me, I get an empty space in the page.

https://www.polygon.com/features/2015/4/20/8450329/alan-wake-2-prototype-video-interview

They have repeatedly said they would like to develop the sequel and look forward to that in the future (so maybe you can consider that a tease a-la Valve), so who knows, you would think they have the resources to do so... they moved office again and developing two games.

Yeah, I saw that when it was originally posted and the video was still up. Pretty cool that some of those ideas made it to American Nightmare.