[HP]

Resident Evil 2 Remake

6 hours ago, [HP] said:

RE4 was released for nearly every console under the sun after the gamecube, even mobile and original wii.
I think they slightly tweaked a few things when they released on PS4, but they never made an actual remake. 

BUT, it seems like, at this point, the best way to experience the game is on PC and with this mod installed:

It's available for the Zeebo as well if you have one

On 1/15/2019 at 2:41 AM, [HP] said:

Pick up 7 too dude, you'll like it.

I ruined that for myself, I watched someone play a whole walkthrough of it haha

Edited by dux

RE4 is pretty much my favorite game, and overall best in the series IMO, but 2 has my favorite story. So the idea that they're remaking 2 with the controls and flavor of 4 shrinks my pants to no end

Tried the demo last night, couldn't complete, never played RE2 and I like to explore every angle too much, but I'm so glad it runs so well on my computer. Not full settings but already looks great. I'm impressed about the amount of settings they've made available, I think Total biscuit would have been pleased.

How many fucking shots the zombies need to die? Feels like they made them tougher, but I only played RE1 and was aaaaages ago: that's one of the first games I remember completing. 

On 1/15/2019 at 7:13 PM, [HP] said:

BUT, it seems like, at this point, the best way to experience the game is on PC and with this mod installed:

Yeah, that's why I was asking, I remember looking in getting RE4 when became available and I can clearly remember that the Game cube version was the best around, the others were based off the playstation 2 version, that had been downgraded with some less details like worse trees.

But now that you link the video, I remember seeing that ages ago, just I never got round to installing the game as I felt I needed to get the remakes that came before, despite not connected.

On 1/15/2019 at 8:05 PM, [HP] said:
Happy to see this demo doing so well! Fuck yeah, bring great SP / survival horror games back!

I like that they talk about 1.6 millions as "global saturation", in a world where publishers expect horror games to make 4 million copies or else the studio has bombed, this is a pleasant thing to read.

Kinda gutted I'm out all weekend for a friends birthday. Just wanna stay in and play this tomorrow night!

Really like RE1 remake and watched my brother play the original RE2 when I was super young but I barely remember anything. So kinda avoided this thread like the plague in case of original game spoilers. ;)

I just finished the Claire playthrough of the new Resident Evil 2 on PS4 though and here are just some of my non-spoilery thoughts. 

When it comes to the variety of levels to explore as well as the variety of enemies and boss fights I feel that this is really crappy compared to the the Resident Evil 1 remake. 

Environmental art at the police station is absolutely amazing but that level of quality steadily declines as you progress.

Story wasn't as fleshed out or long as I'd hope and was really rushed.  And to get the full story for each character you apparently have to new game+ it which I am not the biggest fan of. Since Leon has his own thing going I might look into a Leon playthrough but kind of leaning towards looking it up on the tubes without having to redo the more frustrating parts of the game. 

TLDR: