Sign in to follow this  
blackdog

Fallout 76

Counterpoint to everything I'm seeing about this game... One of my friends owns it and is really enjoying it, and he's a big Fallout fan. He said it was a bit buggy on release but after a few patches it's pretty great and he's having a fun time with it.

I have no opinion really, just wanted to share what I've heard. 

18 minutes ago, Radu said:

KjD3uCg.jpg

This same thing happened to me when I was a kid... I wanted Sonic & Knuckles (even though it was already a 2 year old game) and mom got me Sonic 3D Blast. I faked my smile and cried for 10 minutes in my room, lmao!

Hahaha I miss being a kid when the only thing I had to cry about was when I got the wrong game from a relative. Least I know my kids will get the good shit! 😂

For anyone who is wondering, the reason Bethesda announced that Obsidian would not be making any more Fallout games is because New Vegas did not get an 85 by critics.

It got an 84...

deja_q_hd_046_resized_6484.jpg

I'll try to find where they announced this, I read it quite a while ago but only remembered it recently.

Edited by I ♡ The 1950's

18 minutes ago, I ♡ The 1950's said:

For anyone who is wondering, the reason Bethesda announced that Obsidian would not be making any more Fallout games is because New Vegas did not get an 85 by critics.

It got an 84...

I'll try to find where they announced this, I read it quite a while ago but only remembered it recently.

Wasn't that to do with their bonus? Bethesda said they'd get a bonus if they got a Metacritic of 85+ but they got 84 so they got nothing.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-03-15-obsidian-fallout-new-vegas-deal-with-bethesda-meant-bonus-payment-only-with-85-metacritic

All of this crap with F76 is really making me want to go back and play FO3 and FO:NV again.

25 minutes ago, Beck said:

Wasn't that to do with their bonus? Bethesda said they'd get a bonus if they got a Metacritic of 85+ but they got 84 so they got nothing.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-03-15-obsidian-fallout-new-vegas-deal-with-bethesda-meant-bonus-payment-only-with-85-metacritic

All of this crap with F76 is really making me want to go back and play FO3 and FO:NV again.

Well as far as I know, the score of 84 was the reason they would not allow any other company besides themselves to make future Fallout games. It's been a while though so I might not be remembering clearly.

Fallout 3 was rather disappointing to me, but I do have to agree that New Vegas was a blast!