Sign in to follow this  
blackdog

Fallout 76

Apparently there's a chance FO76 is going to be a lot of fun for hackers/modders/griefers come release.

Edited by Beck

On ‎10‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 7:51 AM, dux said:

it really is just Fallout: Battle Royale to me. Still dreaming of Obsidian doing another Fallout Vegas follow up.

I really would have loved that too, but sadly Bethesda has said that they will not allow anyone else to do a Fallout game again :(

11 hours ago, I ♡ The 1950's said:

I really would have loved that too, but sadly Bethesda has said that they will not allow anyone else to do a Fallout game again :(

Did they? When did they say that?

I doubt Obsidian would get the chance now anyway since Microsoft have acquired them 

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2018/11/10/obsidian-inxile-join-microsoft-studios/

2 hours ago, Radu said:

*snip*

Glad I cancelled my pre-order of this. Looks shockingly bad and from what I've read elsewhere people are bored from the start.

Edited by Beck

13 hours ago, Mitch Mitchell said:

In short, when all is said and done...Bethesda just lowered the bar on what a AAA game is meant to be.

That's it guys. That's it.

Oh boy... been a while I've seen people gang banging on a game like this, seems like there's a limit, even for Bethesda.

Felt weird about this since it's announcement at e3, it just feels like it lacks soul. And it doesn't seem like the execution can save it either, as it's the usual clunky shooter as previous Bethesda fallouts and just as buggy too.

Guess this is probably the last nail on the Fallout coffin, sad as I really loved F3. F4 was ok. This... i don't even know what to make of it. Provably a last attempt to put another fallout game out before they move on to their new space game/ip. 

21 minutes ago, [HP] said:

Oh boy... been a while I've seen people gang banging on a game like this, seems like there's a limit, even for Bethesda.

Felt weird about this since it's announcement at e3, it just feels like it lacks soul. And it doesn't seem like the execution can save it either, as it's the usual clunky shooter as previous Bethesda fallouts and just as buggy too.

Guess this is probably the last nail on the Fallout coffin, sad as I really loved F3. F4 was ok. This... i don't even know what to make of it. Provably a last attempt to put another fallout game out before they move on to their new space game/ip. 

This seems a bit premature. I can’t picture them walking away from an IP as big as Fallout.

Its worth pointing out though that they’ve now struck out on both Wolfenstein AND Fallout sequels. What’s next, fucking up an Elder Scrolls? That would be devastating. Definitely something seems a bit off with their quality control lately...

Yeah, Fallout itself is not going anywhere, if this was Fo5 then you could play with the idea. But no.

They might be trying to do too much at the same time without the necessary talent.

Yeah I certainly don't think (And I hope) Fallout is going anywhere. It's a huge franchise.

But I agree that Fallout 4 was a step back in some regards. Sure the gunplay was a vast improvement and the environments were quite nice but the story wasn't great and the voiced protagonist just meant we didn't get the branching storylines Fallout is known for. 

I understand that FO76 is something people at the company wanted to try but I think it will be a big wake up call for Bethesda. People are getting sick of the same old bugs plaguing their games and because it's an online game these seem to be magnified since it doesn't just affect a single player, it's a whole server each time they happen. 

I know Bethesda really doesn't want to build a new engine but maybe it's time to consider it?

Fallout 4 also did nothing for the player to care about the main storyline. There was no emotional connection with the murdered spouse and the child. Fallout 1 did a lot better job at making you care for the vault and it's dwellers in a lot less time.