Sign in to follow this  
blackdog

Fallout 76

Yeah, i feel weird about this one too. The whole thing just feels like an after thought and them trying to milk the fallout name, maybe I'm being too skeptical and mean towards it, its a fucking fallout game and I'll most likely play the living shit outta this, but we'll see. 

19 hours ago, Steppenwolf said:

If it's like Fallout 3/4 singleplayer but with other players in the game world i will be more interested.

It sounds like that but like Skybex pointed out, they might be vague on purpose.

I would speculate that if you play solo you will encounter settlements built by other players but there will be NPCs there giving quests/fighting you*.

* Which would be the TLDR description of the basic system of the survival game I would like to build one day

Edited by blackdog

A list of confirmed info here

https://www.reddit.com/r/fo76/comments/8qdnho/the_comprehensive_list_of_things_we_know_about/

No offline singleplayer. No human NPC's and quests are gained through holotapes or notes, but no info on non human NPCs. PVP is something they are encouraging. The game was also described as an "online service" in an interview with Todd Howard. 

I'm still somewhat interested in it and lucky we will be able to get a lot of info from those who preorder and gain access to the beta. I imagine there will be plenty of youtube videos long before release to judge if you will part with your money for it. But based on what I am reading, there is no way I will be looking to play this solo. Much like all other survival games, it will quickly turn into a "kill anyone on sight" affair.

Nah not for me. Fallout is a single player game first and foremost in my eyes. It's not a game that comes to mind when I want to teabag someone.