Battlefield V

Radix

• 3 weeks later...

Had a small taste from the open beta. I liked the current maps and the overall feel of the gameplay. Less ammo and longer respawn slowed the game down a notch and it feels a bit more tactical now, I think.

I also like how the scale of the indoors and outdoors just work this time around. Battlefield 1 had some really awkward staircases to navigate and fight in, especially in small houses. I don't know if it's the scale or the speed of the movement or both but I like it.

But I really didn't like how the HUD is swaying while you run and reacts to other movements constantly. It was hard keeping track of the information that is laid out, like the HUD was simulating what having dyslexia feels like.

I really like what you did with this game about the gameplay. The changes are welcome and it plays very well. For me it's better than BF1. 

What I dislike is this new HUD with all of its color and size. Can we hide it or make it smaller ? 

Oh and what I REALLY dislike in what you did is all about the uniforms...WTF ??? I can't recognize the Germans / British I saw in the reality from history. What did you do with that guys ? For me it's a bad, bad, bad decision and it breaks my immersion and just for that : it's sad and I'm not in a world war 2 game. 

• 1 month later...

Fjell looks really interesting. I like the sound of an infantry map with no vehicles but planes.

I was sceptical when first announced since BF1 at launch kinda let me down but after playing BF1 again recently and seeing how it's improved a lot since launch and the BFV beta players are really giving you guys praise I can't wait for release now!

• 2 weeks later...

Had a blast with this over the weekend with my friends. We all got the EA Access pass for a month so we could play early.

All the maps feel great in conquest, but some can be difficult as hell in Grand Operations. Attackers normally get raped, especially when it's the take the bomb to destroy the gun objective. The bomb carrier really shouldn't be highlighted at all times, it makes attacking impossible. Plus the flak often kills you before you can leave the plane, which is kinda realistic but when you don't have the extra tickets to account for it it's not as cool.

Gun play is solid though and the squad revives and fortification building is great for team work. Pretty much always see squads stick together now which is great! Glad 3D spotting is gone as it makes sneaking and flanking much easier now since you don't have a glowing red triangle over your head all the time.

Seeing a lot of "only in Battlefield" moments too with planes crashing around me and the V-1 rockets are awesome fun to use.

I think the only thing I dislike is the amount of button clicks it takes to customise your soldier. Constantly going back and forth in menus it seems. But I think a fix is coming for that soon. Also, anything you unlock you can't use until you leave the server. I hate this. I don't want to have to leave the server and queue again for something I've unlocked during gameplay. It should be in my inventory ready to use.

But the WW2 setting looks beautiful in 2018. Can't wait to see some more maps with hopefully more iconic locations from some big battles.

Oh, and great job on Fjell, Puddy. It's a great infantry map :D 

• 2 months later...
On 1/15/2019 at 4:44 PM, Pampers said:

there is a lot of straight up wrong things in that article, especially in the sentence you quoted, not sure if I even understand it. Looks like the person who wrote it just writes stuff he/she wants to be true?

Yeah, there are some typos I didn't realised were there when I copy-pasted (I assure you wasn't me re-typing).

So the game is not doing as bad as described? 

• 3 weeks later...