Yanzl

Yanzl's Source Emporium

On 11/25/2018 at 1:14 AM, blackdog said:

I’m not sure I understand, is the LUT meant to disappear during editing to give proper colour balance, or is it gonna be modified by the adjustment layers and you save that result?

Yeah you basically modify the clean LUT with your adjustments that are then applied in game. The screenshot is there so you can better see what adjustments you are making, but you could also just open the LUT file by itself, do some adjustments and save. 

16 hours ago, Yanzl said:

Yeah you basically modify the clean LUT with your adjustments that are then applied in game. The screenshot is there so you can better see what adjustments you are making, but you could also just open the LUT file by itself, do some adjustments and save. 

Yeah but not using a screenshot you would be editing blindly, how could you achieve something that looks good?

I think I’ve understood the process but I feel for best clarity one-two more screens of the process are needed.

Also, I never got this far into a map development, so are the adjustments to be done multiple time, read: you have multiple colour correction entities in a map? (I thought that it would be possible to enhance for eg outside-inside contrast in colour temperature etc).

Dont hesitate to tell me I’m not making sense :D

10 hours ago, blackdog said:

Yeah but not using a screenshot you would be editing blindly, how could you achieve something that looks good?

I just said you could do that, not that it would produce good results :P 

Hopefully this helps understand it better:

lut.thumb.jpg.7a5b7f61900797ccd168921f752b1a78.jpg

Also you can have multiple CCs in one map, you can limit them with a radius or with a fog_volume, so only one is active at a time.