Oliver

[CS:GO] de_Iris

14 hours ago, IGNI said:

The poster makes me sooo hyped. Is it goona be a 50s/60s ish theme? 

Cheers mate, more pics will be out soon!
Yep, the idea is to create a map with a great amount of 50s feeling. ;)

On 2018-04-12 at 2:10 PM, F0cu5 said:

Cool theme - what is the significance of the name Iris?

Cheers mate! I came up with the name Iris because I think it's a great clean and simple name and ofc also the meaning of creating colours. The name is also ambiguous so it's open for interpretation, but I thought it rolled nicely off the tongue and it ties somewhat with the theme.

Wait, you're actually the creator of Mirage?? I thought it was valve created? Maybe an earlier version? 

Either way, I love the theme but don't make it unrealistically old. I think it definitely looks good, and I can't wait to see more. I will jump on to the greybox as soon as I get home! 

7 hours ago, flickaa said:

Wait, you're actually the creator of Mirage?? I thought it was valve created? Maybe an earlier version? 

Either way, I love the theme but don't make it unrealistically old. I think it definitely looks good, and I can't wait to see more. I will jump on to the greybox as soon as I get home! 

Yes I'm the author/creator of Mirage, small world.

Thanks for the feedback, we are trying to make it look like an "forgotten" small town during present time.

48 minutes ago, BubkeZ said:

Yes I'm the author/creator of Mirage, small world.

Thanks for the feedback, we are trying to make it look like an "forgotten" small town during present time.

Yes! That's exactly what I wanted it to be! I have actually been walking around on the map and I'm impressed. The only thing I see, is that mid looks very complicated (we'll have to see how it plays out). I love B site, it might be one of my favorite sites of all time. I love the timing, the cover, the entrances, and basically everything. I would add some cover on A site, in the corner towards long, but other than that it is a really cool and unique layout!

#latetotheparty but like I said on Twitter, this is great. This is what I had in mind when I previously said it would be cool to have more "COD" (stylized) maps.

It would be even cooler if Valve did thematic operations, like imagine to replace the player models with police from the 30s for example, versus a mafia family group :D
Also having historic weapons would be fun for a change... at least, that's my opinion.