Game violence and possible new regulations

blackdog

Im quite surprised we are not talking about the new assault on video games that is following the most recent shootings in USA.

It’s something I was tempted to speculate on the following day if the shooting in Florida, but it didn’t seem right in memory of the victims.

But there are then the bigots who can’t see further away than the tip of their guns, so it happens that President Orange has a roundtable on video game violence

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/president-trumps-video-games-meeting-included-a-vi/1100-6457255/

A video montage of the goriest moments of shooters was played for the attendees.

Is more that I would imagine people reacting and have feelings about the risk of new regulations.

Do you welcome them, you think we should have some more, or this will be bad?
In UK just last week games broke news even on the BBC because of the all time record in sales. (meant to post about that as well)

I did create a thread about this a few days ago, but I opted for deleting it a few minutes after, reason being that the only reason this topic has been brought up again, is because the NRA and the government need a scapegoat to take people's attentions from the real culprit here: gun regulations.
This topic has been debated and studied for decades now, and after many studies, they always come out empty! Games don't cause people to turn violent, that's the end of that really.
I swear this government drives me up the walls sometimes, it's ok and completely legal for a 18 year old to buy a fucking arsenal, but they instead want to come up with "much tougher regulation" on video games. We must be living in a alternate universe.

We, as a society should instead focus on real problems, I posted this thought on twitter a few days ago and I'll repost it here: We neglect and forsake our kids, we call them sexists and loosers, they turn nihilistic and desperate, loose their purpose in life and become depressed. We then over-medicate them on psych meds, and allow them to buy rifles. But surely... its video games fault... okay!

2 hours ago, [HP] said:

So does the rest of the world. But american politicians love to live inside their bald eagle bubble.

Quite funny to see that sometimes the most obvious is the least conspicuous.

American logic :

> give free access to tactical weapons for everybody

> let crazy people buy them

> massacre

> videogames must be the problem

> ban videogames

Banning video games would work really well. For example, drugs are banned and you can’t find them anywhere. Because drugs have been banned, no one buys them or spends billions of dollars on them. Also, gamers are never mad online or entitled in their response to controversies. 18-30 year olds are basically very quiet and don’t share their opinions in a loud, obnoxious way. 

All in all, banning video games seems like a great idea that would not cause any crazy, endless backlash for any politician :3

It's crazy how powerful lobbying is in the American political system. Why do they allow companies/corporations to pay tens of thousand of dollars to a politician who then goes on to push through what that company wants. They're all so scared of losing that money the NRA gives them.

I've been playing violent video games since GTA 1, I was 9 when that came out, and I've never even been in a fight lol.