will2k

A NEW HOPE: Will2k's Dying Light Single-player campaign [WIP]

16 minutes ago, will2k said:

@Radu just to let you know that your earlier suggestion to make the football field fence fortification as a side quest, is being currently implemented :)

the kids are gonna be happy

Haven't played Dying Light, but I might just get it to try out your campaign when it's done.

From the few hours I've played dying light this made me think this was the official map at first for some moments. So amazing to see this hard to give any criticism of any kind. Then again I'm still a bit new so my eyes are untrained.

13 hours ago, trevor said:

From the few hours I've played dying light this made me think this was the official map at first for some moments. So amazing to see this hard to give any criticism of any kind. Then again I'm still a bit new so my eyes are untrained.

Thanks.

My aim is to have this custom campaign feel like a continuation of the main game in terms of visuals and story/quest.

Wow, that鈥檚 a lot! More than I played CSGO lol 馃槅

You progressed apparently so quickly that I would have never thought you spent all that time developing.

Wish I had the game to play test your campaign聽馃槢

5 hours ago, will2k said:

Hours logged on the developer tools: around 800 hrs and still going :hurg2:

Day 274, they still haven't noticed that I stopped coming in聽the office to work.

A vineyard and wheat field in the countryside

The third and last part of the campaign is progressing; most of this last map is still barebone WIP but some parts are starting to come alive.

I'm also creating some custom materials/textures with proper blending masks to be used on the terrain. A new side quest is also under planning.

NkX3fCq.jpg

CtdPanU.jpg

CfO2wSh.jpg

Fall/autumn update

The 3rd and last part of the campaign is progressing steadily. Most of the new areas are being laid out, blocked, and fleshed out. Scripting the final quest is also making good progress.

No solid ETA yet but I'm pushing to have it ready the soonest.

Here's a fresh batch of screenshots showcasing the new WIP areas.

I8Abxmi.jpg

A functional highway system is being built with proper exits, ramps, signage, barriers, tunnels...

wo9RAsI.jpg

HxT8lEr.jpg

pBwZWBl.jpg

One will need the local pharmacy when shitting their pants after a night encounter with an alpha volatile :)

9PZAvXe.jpg

inspires me to switch from the limited source engine.

But overall, love the screenshots that are showing up.聽 Great use of detail and each image looks professional!

On 11/29/2018 at 2:15 AM, sethen said:

inspires me to switch from the limited source engine.

But overall, love the screenshots that are showing up.聽 Great use of detail and each image looks professional!

Hey thanks, nice to see you here on the core聽:)

Once you move on, Source becomes a tedious chore if you ever decide to come back