Sign in to follow this  
[HP]

The cost of games

8 hours ago, Radu said:

"Women suing Riot Games may deserve $400 million, not $10 million, state regulator says.

Two state agencies are taking the unusual step of trying to stop Riot Games from paying out $10 million to female employees as part of a settlement over a gender discrimination class action suit.

The state thinks the women could be entitled to as much as $400 million instead."

https://www.latimes.com/business/technology/story/2020-01-21/riot-games-gender-discrimination-settlement

If I worked at Riot and told my HR representative that I now identify myself spiritually as a woman (even though I act as a man on the outside and date exclusively women, I'm a lesbian man), would I be entitled for the compensation? Or do I need to have an actual vagina? If I tell them that I identify as a woman and they rebuke, isn't that discrimination? Do lesbian men qualify as women? Can someone enlighten me on this one? Just curious about the terms.

29 minutes ago, Minos said:

If I worked at Riot and told my HR representative that I now identify myself spiritually as a woman (even though I act as a man on the outside and date exclusively women, I'm a lesbian man), would I be entitled for the compensation? Or do I need to have an actual vagina? If I tell them that I identify as a woman and they rebuke, isn't that discrimination? Do lesbian men qualify as women? Can someone enlighten me on this one? Just curious about the terms.

Yes, yes you would. It includes people that identify as female.

The $10 million settlement will be paid out to current and past employees and contractors who “self-identify as female” according to the Settlement Agreement.

“The Settlement Agreement provides a definition of ‘female,’ including persons who self-identify as female, and allows persons who have not previously self-identified as female to do so to the Settlement Administrator,” the document states.