Pizza

[CS:GO] Central (Workshop link posted)

2 hours ago, NikiOo said:

Pretty good architecture, although I'm not a fan of that fence splitting the room in 2.

I'll be replacing those with some hopefully more believable obstructions in the future.

I love the visuals! But I feel it's hard to judge a rather interconnected and multilayered layout like this just by lots of (very nice) screenshots. Is there a workshop link by any chance? Thanks in advance and best of luck with this one!

1 hour ago, GrillusRetardus said:

Now... What kind of black magic did you use for the ceiling in the curvy tunnel?
Surely you must have previous experience with source to be able to pull that off!

Really impressive! :)

Something that rhymes with curve

23 hours ago, Freaky_Banana said:

I love the visuals! But I feel it's hard to judge a rather interconnected and multilayered layout like this just by lots of (very nice) screenshots. Is there a workshop link by any chance? Thanks in advance and best of luck with this one!

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1273745248

I gotchu ;D

6 hours ago, GrillusRetardus said:

Now... What kind of black magic did you use for the ceiling in the curvy tunnel?
Surely you must have previous experience with source to be able to pull that off!

Really impressive! :)

Here is a shot of the brushes those are constructed out of:

7eZsrHx.jpg

For them I just made an arch that I was pleased with, rotated it 45 and 90 degrees, lined them up and then meticulously crafted these heptahedrons, then just a whole lotta copy+paste.

56 minutes ago, blackdog said:

Impressive, but shouldn’t it be bad for performance?

They're all func_details so no issues with vvis using them thus far, I do however think they'll eventually be too difficult to work with when I get to the point I try applying textures to them, I'll probably replace them with prop_statics at that stage.

Pushed out an update in advance of some play testing today (imgur album), it includes various layout changes based on initial feedback from the first session of playtesting.

My favorite change however is how much better the arches look with proper smoothing:

arches.jpg.8903ad736493bfa2b7f146fa172e380f.jpg

Mid is still a bit big and open though... still working on it...