Played it?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Played it?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not yet

Having so much fun with this. Feels like the perfect platforming game.

My favorite part is how it seems to reward curiosity, and creativity. There are always moons and strategies on how to find more. It’s also pretty funny at times. Definitely a lot of call backs to Mario 64 (Dorrie is back!)

4E13B0EB-DDDE-4C2F-BC5E-EC862EBBF78A.jpeg.5bcb690861495c1d0cf58c8c0a6342de.jpeg

Has everyone played it?

It's just amazing to play a Mario game in such semi-open environments once again.
I just finished the main story but there's so much more ! I'm pretty sure i'm not even halfway done with this game (not that I aim to get all the moons but i just don't want to let it go yet !)

And it's really pretty, and i love being able to play it exactly the same way as i played Mario 64/Sunshine but with even more available movements. It's really an amazing game.
I see people complaining that this game is aimed at a wide audience and that the main story can be boring for some people, but i disagree with them because as you said FMPONE even during the main story you can find plenty of hidden moons and secret stuff.

I got the Switch for this game and it's totally worth it already.

Edited by leplubodeslapin

I got a free Switch from work and this was the first game I picked up and haven't been disappointed at all. I'm not a huge Mario fan, don't really enjoy the side scroller Mario's, but loved 64 and Sunshine so this was right up my alley.

I've not once felt lost in the game and have had fun exploring all these little worlds. They really do cram a lot of moons into them I feel like I'm always finding secret areas and it feels great. I want to explore every nook and cranny to find every last moon I can. I enjoy taking control of enemies too. Definitely a 10/10 game. 

Picking up Zelda BOTW once I'm done with this one.

• 4 weeks later...

I bought a switch for this, zelda and mario kart. 

I got about 100 moons and have not gone back to play since. I find the game to be whimsical and looks really nice but so far there hasn't been much challenge so I kind of got bored. I've been told the game doesn't really start until you beat it though so I do plan to give it another try. Maybe once the difficulty picks up I'll start to really like it. 

Definitely not planning on giving up on it! Now that I've beat breath of the wild I can go back.

1 hour ago, AlexM said:

I bought a switch for this, zelda and mario kart. 

I got about 100 moons and have not gone back to play since. I find the game to be whimsical and looks really nice but so far there hasn't been much challenge so I kind of got bored. I've been told the game doesn't really start until you beat it though so I do plan to give it another try. Maybe once the difficulty picks up I'll start to really like it. 

Definitely not planning on giving up on it! Now that I've beat breath of the wild I can go back.

The post-game is really hard IMO, so if you want a challenge that's certainly one place you can find it.