Sign in to follow this  
blackdog

Overkill's The Walking Dead

As there's more material coming out, makes sense to create a proper topic.

Reveal trailer with Kirkman himself explaining this is a multiplayer co-op for teams of four:

First character reveal, thanks to @laminutederire that posted it first

There's apparently a VR experience in development too

Here's a featurette of the team and studio

it is possible to see that UE4 is being used to power this game.
A long interview is also available:

(not sure the contents as I haven't watched it)

Edited by blackdog

Was forgetting about this, an email ad just reminded me is coming out soon

OVERKILL's The Walking Dead is nearly here - Green Man Gaming customers can get priority access to the BETA until the 28th October!
Standard Edition contains
Season 1 - 10 Episodes, Available November 6th
Season 2 9 Episodes, Releasing between Late November to June 2019

I have been playing it and I really think it's fun. It exceeded my expectations by far. It's a bit hard to communicate with strangers online without a mic as their Coop-game does not seem to support VoIP. That is a shame, as I think this game could have some damn cool levels should it do. There are somethings which are a bit unclear, and understanding the systems (Wep-modding, how to manage survivors etc etc) is not very intuitive but it’s fine, as they focus un Replayability we will either learn it, or they will make it more accessible.

Also, never really understood the point of the Andersson Camp, as everything besides turning in missions/bountys can be done through the UI? It would almost make more sense if they removed the UI and integrated it directly in the Camp-level, forcing you to do things at workstations instead.

Wondering when games are going to create and connect to a Discord server automatically! This game would really be cooler could we communicate with those that we play with. It’s a nice balance between Action and stealth and I can see the Replayability in this as we did in payday 2.

After having played the beta I recommend it, and I will probably spend some time in it.

On 11/3/2018 at 8:47 AM, grapen said:

It might still be a bad game (don't know - haven't read up on it much) but reading the first sentence of that article told me all I needed to no about the quality of this preview.

7 hours ago, FrieChamp said:

It might still be a bad game (don't know - haven't read up on it much) but reading the first sentence of that article told me all I needed to no about the quality of this preview.

No doubt about it :D game comes out tomorrow, but the general interest seem less than mild? Gonna keep my eyes on it for now.

Yeah the trivial typos made me wonder as well… can’t believe the payday devs would mess up so much.

Why is soo difficult to make a proper TWD game??

Edited by blackdog