Sign in to follow this  
blackdog

Overkill's The Walking Dead

On 11/5/2018 at 10:07 AM, blackdog said:

Wow, why is it so difficult to make a decent zombie game these days?

Cause you've played the best coop zombie game already and everything else that comes out is just a lesser experience of L4D. I think Overkill's TWD goes pretty well hand in hand with the current state of the tv series. 

49 minutes ago, Radu said:

Cause you've played the best coop zombie game already and everything else that comes out is just a lesser experience of L4D. I think Overkill's TWD goes pretty well hand in hand with the current state of the tv series. 

Actually I haven’t. I bought it (4x pack!) then never managed to play with anyone (my pc broke at the time).

When I got round to it (after L4D2 release) I tried one night online and uninstalled, didn’t like.

I played a session in local coop of L4D2 and was fun because I was with my friend, I wouldn’t play as I play CS.

Also I think a game like this should have a much slower pace. If I was making a zombie game wouldn’t be a L4D clone.

Haven’t watched any of the streams (obvs) but I guess it’s concerning/suspicious that to release date they still have never released an official walkthrough(?). The release trailer is still cinematic

Even the weapons video is heavily stylised and shows basically no gameplay

I’m curious to see what reviewers will say when it’s out in the wild.

Actually another random beta-key YouTuber has come up on my page

Edited by blackdog

They made a solid game i think.
But i saw a review that says that what they made is not working.
They are using great systems but fail to use them properly.

The AI is incredibly dumb and is the worst part about this.
Also you spent most of the time with managing your location rather then experiencing great stories.

I dont like zombie games... and this is to left4dead.
But this could have gone a good way like this other series with the girl and the man. 

Would be interested to know what was going on internally for this to be released in its condition. So much uncommon weirdness going on from well known names this year.

Edited by dux

10 hours ago, dux said:

Would be interested to know what was going on internally for this to be released in its condition. So much uncommon weirdness going on from well known names this year.

Switching engines somewhere along the way, I would guess. Scrapped work and hundreds of people that needs training in the new tools.