FMPONE

Mapcore FACEIT Hubs

39 matches played in the last week!

While it may be just a start, I want to commend FACEIT and everyone using the HUB for providing a new platform for community maps to be playtested. Personally, I'm optimistic that if we continue to work hard on this idea we will have a few matches being played everyday consistently. Thank you for playing games on the platform, let's keep it going, and tell your friends!

Mappers: don't forget that you can pull demos from the FACEIT platform and watch them back to study the gameplay.

On 09/03/2018 at 9:53 AM, Thrik said:

Sounds exciting! I'm happy to work with someone to provide a MapCore subdomain. 👍

Awesome plan @El_Exodus, sounds like a really smooth process for players (once you are in Faceit – I haven’t managed playing yet).

And I’d be happy to help building the page, I discussed a bit with @Thrik in the past about helping out, so I’d be happy to work with you guys to help make this successful.

I've worked on something a couple of weeks back (https://compassionate-bell-62f5f1.bitballoon.com/) after the topic was discussed in the discord hub chat.

The main issue to solve is with Face It atm. As @JimWood said in discord:

We're allowed to choose the maps
We just can't change what the servers are running ourselves

I'm not sure if someone is in contact with Faceit about this, but it's something that needs to be resolved to make the whole plan work.

About my hub page itself:

• It is linked to these collections for displaying the maps
  • Voting is done by signing in with Faceit, and when voting it checks if a user has joined a Mapcore hub

The page can use some content (text, images, structure), it's something I would like to handover to someone else or at least collaborate with someone with. For me it was just a fun experiment with the steam and faceit API's, and thus finished my personal goals for the project. That said, I'm open to work some more on it. 

So if @El_Exodus @Thrik or @blackdog need anything, feel free to contact me (discord is the fastest way)

On 29/03/2018 at 1:52 PM, Ties said:

I've worked on something a couple of weeks back (https://compassionate-bell-62f5f1.bitballoon.com/) after the topic was discussed in the discord hub chat.

The main issue to solve is with Face It atm. As @JimWood said in discord:

I'm not sure if someone is in contact with Faceit about this, but it's something that needs to be resolved to make the whole plan work.

About my hub page itself:

• It is linked to these collections for displaying the maps
  • Voting is done by signing in with Faceit, and when voting it checks if a user has joined a Mapcore hub

The page can use some content (text, images, structure), it's something I would like to handover to someone else or at least collaborate with someone with. For me it was just a fun experiment with the steam and faceit API's, and thus finished my personal goals for the project. That said, I'm open to work some more on it. 

So if @El_Exodus @Thrik or @blackdog need anything, feel free to contact me (discord is the fastest way)

Awesome work @Ties!

I have messaged regarding this and was going to contact you as well, I was wondering regarding the state of things and seems it's clear where you are at :) I'm happy to start something, I was just wondering if, being something in collaboration with Faceit, it should recall some of their design as well - I mean if that's a requirement.

it's going to be a double edged sword for sure. We're going to get a lot of interest in the hubs but I'm still worried we're going to get lots of people *just* wanting that map.

We're currently building up a new mappool for the next season. if you want to be considered PM myself or one of the other admins, or drop your map ws link here!

'Comp' maps obviously the focus.