Jump to content
FMPONE

Mapcore FACEIT Hubs

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, CSGOJOHNMADDEN said:

Definitely a good idea.  Would be awesome if we could get the guest judges to participate, or any csgo pros. 

Maybe we could convince James? He’s a good dude. I might play one or two and stream.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It would be the thing to do.  We do need to get some well known players on the hub, that way there's an allure for players, until the hub is constant.

It being a hub, makes it difficult since most of the faceit players are there for comp matches since the valve matchmaking system is booty.  Maybe if we hosted a mini tournament of some sort.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 23/02/2018 at 11:12 PM, FMPONE said:

Maybe we could convince James? He’s a good dude. I might play one or two and stream.

There's a good chance guest judges may want to play the top 4 on here and could bring a lot of players in with them

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JimWood said:

There's a good chance guest judges may want to play the top 4 on here and could bring a lot of players in with them

Yeah. In the mean time, let's just try to schedule some games on the HUB to keep them active. Maybe in this upcoming week?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, FMPONE said:

Yeah. In the mean time, let's just try to schedule some games on the HUB to keep them active. Maybe in this upcoming week?

Scheduling them on the discord and tweeting out times may be a good idea.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some more feedback:

- @fabE More like platform related feedback rather than Mapcore Hub related - still applies: The current map pool should be displayed under Match Settings in the Rule Tab. Preferably done automatically through a Steam Workshop Collection from which the Hub automatically grabs the maps/maplist.
I reckon this will be needed as a long term solution for Hubs which make use of custom maps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, El_Exodus said:

Some more feedback:

- @fabE More like platform related feedback rather than Mapcore Hub related - still applies: The current map pool should be displayed under Match Settings in the Rule Tab. Preferably done automatically through a Steam Workshop Collection from which the Hub automatically grabs the maps/maplist.
I reckon this will be needed as a long term solution for Hubs which make use of custom maps.

Good feedback

9 hours ago, JimWood said:

Scheduling them on the discord and tweeting out times may be a good idea.

Yeah I think a weekly calendar might work. Not so much info that it’s overwhelming but at least enough to plan by.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The main issue right now for me is the total downtime of the servers, which can become quite frustrating, especially for newcomers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, JimWood said:

The main issue right now for me is the total downtime of the servers, which can become quite frustrating, especially for newcomers. 

I've had a lot of frank conversations with FACEIT about the challenges and issues we've been facing with the HUBs. With the understanding, of course, that we all want the idea to succeed and in order to do so we're going to have to be exchanging feedback and, hopefully, pushing updates to address that feedback.

There's more to come there, but what I will say is that they do seem genuinely interested in improving the platform. It seems like they're in this for the long haul, so let's try to itemize our feedback.

 

Current feedback:

-Downtime (of course)

-Need to be able to delete messages as a mod, don't want any egregious posts or out of control spam

-Warm-up time increase so that games aren't cancelled by map downloading

-Notification of our map list when you queue (apparently, this is already being worked on!)

-Trying to reduce the amount of instances where it feels like you go "back to square one" when trying to get into a game, such as when someone doesn't accept a queu

Long term I'd like to see us have the ability to:

-Interact with servers in the same way admins with RCON could

-Workshop map upload option, so that we don't have to route through FACEIT anytime we want to change the map list

-Deeper engagement with the rest of the FACEIT platform, so that it doesn't feel like we're in an island when there is an ocean of games being played in the "open-market" FACEIT platform

-Exposing more of the variables that are hidden "behind the scenes" so that we can deeply customize our HUB experience.

And if we're lucky:

-Additional incentive to play on our HUB

-Rewards for those who start a successful queue (to incentivize being the first player to start a successful match)

-Real ELO rewards/connectivity

 

I will say that we've had a good number of games going lately, and that I think the biggest/most frustrating issue (games getting cancelled for no reason) is, seemingly, close to being resolved.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, FMPONE said:

I've had a lot of frank conversations with FACEIT about the challenges and issues we've been facing with the HUBs. With the understanding, of course, that we all want the idea to succeed and in order to do so we're going to have to be exchanging feedback and, hopefully, pushing updates to address that feedback.

There's more to come there, but what I will say is that they do seem genuinely interested in improving the platform. It seems like they're in this for the long haul, so let's try to itemize our feedback.

 

Current feedback:

-Downtime (of course)

-Need to be able to delete messages as a mod, don't want any egregious posts or out of control spam

-Warm-up time increase so that games aren't cancelled by map downloading

-Notification of our map list when you queue (apparently, this is already being worked on!)

-Trying to reduce the amount of instances where it feels like you go "back to square one" when trying to get into a game, such as when someone doesn't accept a queu

Long term I'd like to see us have the ability to:

-Interact with servers in the same way admins with RCON could

-Workshop map upload option, so that we don't have to route through FACEIT anytime we want to change the map list

-Deeper engagement with the rest of the FACEIT platform, so that it doesn't feel like we're in an island when there is an ocean of games being played in the "open-market" FACEIT platform

-Exposing more of the variables that are hidden "behind the scenes" so that we can deeply customize our HUB experience.

And if we're lucky:

-Additional incentive to play on our HUB

-Rewards for those who start a successful queue (to incentivize being the first player to start a successful match)

-Real ELO rewards/connectivity

 

I will say that we've had a good number of games going lately, and that I think the biggest/most frustrating issue (games getting cancelled for no reason) is, seemingly, close to being resolved.

 

Nice ideas, agree with all except the ELO part, I don't think this hub have that role and can be counterproductive here (toxic & angry players will appear). People will be happy with incentive for playing or being in the top of the hub. FACEIT is working hard for improving the HUBs, I play in Iberian Pro League since 6 months ago (when they started to encourage) and they have improved a lot. 

What more needs to improve the platform now is the servers part, they give many problems every month. They need to have more quality and less falls.

Edited by Nors3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 26/02/2018 at 6:26 PM, El_Exodus said:

Some more feedback:

- @fabE More like platform related feedback rather than Mapcore Hub related - still applies: The current map pool should be displayed under Match Settings in the Rule Tab. Preferably done automatically through a Steam Workshop Collection from which the Hub automatically grabs the maps/maplist.
I reckon this will be needed as a long term solution for Hubs which make use of custom maps.

Good point, we'll see if we can get this implemented. For now, I've edited the rules on the Hubs to highlight the current map pool by pushing that info to the top. We have a (platform global) Steam Workshop Collection that our servers use to grab the maps, find it here.

Keep the feedback coming guys!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would there be a possibility to see Wingman Mapcore (Playtesting) Hubs in the near future?

If the per-Hub-collections become a thing, it'd be really easy to manage the map pool by selected Hub managers/mods
plus
not as many people would be needed to get games going.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • MapCore on Discord

  • Our picks

    • Post in [decompiled] dz_blacksite
      Alright, I did some testing with the new detail sprites and found out how more specifically how they work. @Mamorex was on the right track but there's a few key things you left out. 

      Removing $alphatest from the material or adding $translucent

      First, the detail sprites material - it's 2 detail sprite sheets side by side, so version A and version B. The different versions have to have same sprite positions and sizes. You only specify version A coordinates in the .vbsp.


      Next up, the detail sprites masks. Red and blue are for wind offset -- so you can have different parts of the sprites sway in the wind differently, you can see Valve isolated some blades of grass for this effect. The green channel is a tint mask and controls how much the sprites are affected by the $worldspacetint. 

      That brings us to the world space textures. They seem to automatically get resized to fit the whole map area, so it you resize the map you'd have to resize the textures too.

      The world space tint texture is pretty self explanatory, controls what color to tint the grass, 127 grey means no tint. 

      The world space masks texture uses the red channel to select which version of the sprites to use -- 0 is version A and anything more is version B. 

      The green channel of the texture controls the sprite size -- 127 is default, with darker making the sprites smaller and brighter making the sprites larger. The vmt command $minimumspritesize controls the cutoff point for the sprites, so the sprites smaller than the specified value don't get rendered which can act as a placement mask. 

      I don't know what the blue channel of this texture does, changing it had no effect on the sprites for me. 

       

      All this means sprites still get placed by vbsp on map compile, so they still use displacement alpha for the placement, but the new masks can manipulate sprites size and color after map compile.


       

       
  • Articles (view all)

×