FMPONE

Mapcore FACEIT Hubs

Hey guys, so not sure everyone is aware of this, but our Mapcore FACEIT hubs have been out-of-control successful. We're currently testing the CS:GO Contest Finalists. Here's how YOU can join!

1. Register at FACEIT.com

2. Join our HUBs

NA: https://www.faceit.com/en/inv/V7NHmTG 

EU: https://www.faceit.com/en/inv/AeDqw2Z

Current numbers (day 2):

hubs.jpg.48a6c7908aab79f8fc9501e888f9d4b1.jpg

I want this to be a thing where map pool is changed every week, we would get some cool feedback and actually get to play our maps, but I don't think it will happen.

Edited by RAD

6 minutes ago, RAD said:

I want this to be an everyday thing where map pool is changed every week, we would get some cool feedback and actually get to play our map, but I don't think it will happen.

We will probably continue to evolve how we use the HUBs, this is a very new idea.

I feel that it would be very beneficial for the community to be able to make use of the hub on a permanent basis.

Although, I feel that active user numbers would definitely see a reduction if it was a permanent thing. Maybe the best way to go about this is to have the hub actively rotate a select number of maps, similar to how it's being implemented right now, but with monthly breaks in between to keep the players looking forward to the new maps. 

Edited by JimWood

13 hours ago, Thewhaleman said:

I don't know how this all shakes down of course.. but I'd like it if the hub was re-opened every once and awhile with a couple new community maps for short periods of time. Right now your map really doesn't have a chance to be played outside operations by a serious amount of people. It's been a problem for awhile. A map gets made, and then just lives on the workshop and if it doesn't get picked up by an operation, it dies on the workshop. The best feedback you get is from people theory crafting your map offline or playtests that you set up.

Seeing these maps get played, not just mine, has been amazing, feels like a prize just to have your map played.

Either way I've enjoyed the last few days. Good job on faceit and mapcore for making this happen.

It's been a total surprise. We put the playtesting together because of course we want to do exciting things, but I didn't expect the response. I'm blown away by the hubs and the difference it could make moving forward.

So glad it has worked out and glad you guys have enjoyed it.

It's great that we can all see the potential here!

We need a "Master of Ceremonies" for our Hub, who can keep the queus active throughout the week, plan events with new custom maps, and generally put the effort into this idea that it deserves. Hard work here would easily translate into a Staff role on our Staff committee, but big picture, it's an important part of our ecosystem moving forward.

So the question is, is someone willing to step up and put a lot of effort here? Your effort will be matched by promotional efforts from Mapcore, FACEIT, and we will be putting real resources here.

Thank you for any serious volunteers.

----------------------

Current Volunteers:

@CSGOJOHNMADDEN

@JimWood

@Nors3

Wow, if this could be replicated throughout the year to fill the gaps between operations or just regularly highlight good maps, would be very rewarding. Not sure how much custom maps are adopted on custom servers, since Valve servers are good in the way they offer everything the average player wants.

Anybody playing tonight?

I just registered but is not a great moment to see if it all works. Also from what I understand and read in the chat seems like there's few people playing?

1 hour ago, blackdog said:

Anybody playing tonight?

I just registered but is not a great moment to see if it all works. Also from what I understand and read in the chat seems like there's few people playing?

951121459908296704 I'll be playing Grind and Breach in the hubs tonight. We need to work on maintaining a stable population of players with our events, this is only the beginning of course.

The reality with our HUB is that we're going to need people to work really hard to prove that this idea is viable. We need people contributing to the growth of the HUBs, and working toward that goal. It's not going to happen if we all sit on the sidelines. We may reconfigure the HUBs to be a once-a-month thing if that's what it takes to have tent-pole events that lead to long term growth and engagement.

Being in Oz these hubs make me  feel like the ugly sister no-one wants to take to the dance.

We are in the future and undoubtedly have the best of everything here but WTF we dont have a Faceit hub .  :(

2 hours ago, FMPONE said:

951121459908296704 I'll be playing Grind and Breach in the hubs tonight. We need to work on maintaining a stable population of players with our events, this is only the beginning of course.

The reality with our HUB is that we're going to need people to work really hard to prove that this idea is viable. We need people contributing to the growth of the HUBs, and working toward that goal. It's not going to happen if we all sit on the sidelines. We may reconfigure the HUBs to be a once-a-month thing if that's what it takes to have tent-pole events that lead to long term growth and engagement.

I intend to sit down and play, it’s a rare chance to try custom maps!

Jst when I posted was time to make dinner and now my gf and flat mate are watching Netflix so no way I can play, I get the (not so) occasional lag spikes in the morning on my own :? also had a headache starting to be very annoying…

Edited by blackdog