dux

Where'd Sprony go?

7 hours ago, FrieChamp said:

Sad to hear, Sprony :( All the best to you for the future!

I see @FMPONE deleted a bunch of posts. Dunno if they were his or sb else's? Shawn?

They were just his. He posted about it in Discord, but then deleted those messages as well... He said it's a big distraction and wasn't going to further comment on this.

1 hour ago, dux said:

A big distraction from what? Was only curious as to where he had gone and why. He was doing a lot for this forum and it'd be a shame if he has been forced out due to politics. 

I agree, were that the case it would be a shame. Against my better instincts I'm making this one, last comment on this.

-Sprony remains a staff member

-There has never been a message to him telling him he is no longer a staff member

-On the contrary, we have encouraged him to return and when he says he is leaving, I wish him well.

-I deleted my posts here because I'm not going to get dragged into commenting on stuff, that, in my opinion is totally misleading. Sprony is welcome here, the decision to leave is his.

-He will remain a staff member in case he changes his mind on reducing his own involvement.

Hopefully, this message will serve to answer any and all questions on this topic. I don't want to be involved in "drama" that has no substance. There are only so many ways to say "Sprony is still a staff member and is welcome here if and when he wants to walk through that door."

3 hours ago, FMPONE said:

Hopefully, this message will serve to answer any and all questions on this topic. I don't want to be involved in "drama" that has no substance. There are only so many ways to say "Sprony is still a staff member and is welcome here if and when he wants to walk through that door."

Thanks Shawn for clarifying.

OT: If I can give you my two cents (having had a long moderating/administrator experience over three different forums): it's best not to delete comments without at least warning or commenting. My preferred choice when discussions were dragging over for pages was to post one last comment letting people know I was abandoning the topic. I think it's best to not delete posts for transparency towards latecomers, especially in the situation of being a mod/admin... people tend to think the worst even in the most mature communities, in most cases just disrupts the conversation creating even more confusion for lack of contest.

That's all, hope that helps. #peace

Edited by blackdog

I think it’s amazing how you don’t want ‘drama’ and can decide, without having any information, that what I have said is misleading and has no substance. For the record, I didn’t come here to make problems, I came here because people wanted some closure. You need to immediately stop speaking for me. Because right now, you are the one misleading people like @dux and @Radu, who are just looking for answers that you don't have. 

I understand you don't want any distractions during the contest and I'm not here for that. I just don't like it when my name is taken in vain. I'll be dropping by from time to time to see what's being wrongfully said or hinted at about me. For now, you have taken this very serious situation, in which someone was forced to make this difficult decision, and turned it around by making my motives sound ambiguous and labeling me as some sort of drama queen. Stop doing that. I want to part in a peaceful manner. However, if this continues, I will return with chat logs, emails and transcripts, which paint a horrible political picture that would do a lot of damage to this site and it's management. That's not a threat, it's a promise, so let's avoid that by keeping my name out of your mouth.

All right everyone, I think it's fair to say that a public forum isn't the appropriate venue for discussing an internal matter.

While I'll reaffirm FMPONE's position that there's been no ill will towards Sprony and he's very much been welcome to stay part of the staff, unfortunately there have been differing ideas on how to take the site forward and Sprony has made the decision to move on. Admittedly I didn't realise he'd made this final decision until this week following a long period of absence, which I suspect is what led to the curiosity from various people.

I'd like to thank Sprony for all of his contributions over the years. I'm sure we'd all agree that he's been at the heart of MapCore for some time, and the community is a better place for it.

So we should leave it at that, and if anyone wishes to discuss it further then please do so privately. I know it's 'just' an online community but please think of this like a dispute between employer and employee — it's not the kind of thing any of us should be seeking to gossip about, etc. No one side is necessarily the 'bad guy' and people's privacy should be respected.

Hopefully we can remember that it's Christmas and we're not meant to be getting stressed out about what's meant to be a fun gaming community. Thanks all!