FMPONE

Contest Finalists have been declared!

16 minutes ago, MikeGon said:

Congrats to all participants!

Yeah are we gonna get feedback? Working for 6 months on a project only to get an L at least deserves that right? :(

I think you might of DQ'd yourself by updating after the deadline...

5 minutes ago, Vaya said:

I think you might of DQ'd yourself by updating after the deadline...

Ok so there's this point on the rules page:

On 5/23/2017 at 12:51 PM, MapCore said:

Changes or updates to Workshop maps will not be considered after November 30, 2017 (for Top 10) and January 10, 2018 (for Top 4).

Idk about you, but I read that has:

"We will not judge the map based on updates you do after the deadline."

Not: "You will get disqualified if you update your map after the deadline"

I was actually satisfied with the version I had at the deadline  - I wasn't trying to cheat or anything by updating afterwards, I was improving it because I was 100% sure this was allowed.... wtf :mad:

'Grats to all the finalists.

To those who didn't get selected, better luck next time. I suggest looking to the community for feedback rather than the judges. Looking at it purely as a numbers game, it's just unrealistic to expect them to provide any kind of meaningful comment on 100 submissions.

I was actually satisfied with the version I had at the deadline  - I wasn't trying to cheat or anything by updating afterwards, I was improving it because I was 100% sure this was allowed.... wtf :mad:

Seriously @MikeGon ? How are they going to judge the version you've overwritten with an update?

Edited by text_fish

In my opinion, the real and final judge is the time. Those whose maps are still played and popular around the world, years after they released them, those are the real winners. Places in a contest and money are irrelevant.

11 minutes ago, text_fish said:

Looking at it purely as a numbers game, it's just unrealistic to expect them to provide any kind of meaningful comment on 100 submissions.

If it's about my comment too I'm talking about finalists.

9 minutes ago, text_fish said:

Seriously @MikeGon ? How are they going to judge the version you've overwritten with an update?

Well I thought they would pick them up on the day of the deadline... and then not pick up the updates

I guess I'm dumb but that's what I thought the whole time

Congratulation for all :) 

Last picture Tangerine is almost best because it looks like realistic architecture in Philippines, Brasilia, India or Arabia and island Fuerteventura ( part of Spain ) Thanks for showing me! I thought they allow to create Filipino or Arabian architectures in Game. Since I don't know if it allows to real architecture like in Philippines than president sees Game's maps and we get punishments. Now it is okay? I know now. I will create next map for CS:GO possible

2 hours ago, MikeGon said:

Ok so there's this point on the rules page:

Idk about you, but I read that has:

"We will not judge the map based on updates you do after the deadline."

It wasn't 100% clear. We had a bunch of confused people about it.

Congratz to all finalist! I'm guessing this will be a photo finish :)

btw I haven't read all the comments so I'm probably not the first to say this but those screenshots of Tangerine look photo realistic :v well done! 

1202481627_preview_20171119172524_1.jpg

Edited by catfood