Jump to content
0kelvin

Goals for 2018?

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, [HP] said:

Nice, loads of good posts! As for me, I want to make 2018 one of the most important years of my life.

  • At work, it's all lining up and there's some really exciting things to work on next.
  • I want to show the small game I've been working on by myself for a while now, I just wanna get it to a stage where I'm comfortable showing it first, then I wanna keep showing progress regularly, getting feedback and all that shebang.
  • And last, but not least, we're having a baby, due around June! 

Damn! That’s really exciting. Congratulations!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah that's good news :D

Not so exciting after that but for 2018 :

- Finish Highlands

- Make a trip out of Europe (la reunion probably)

- Make great textures again.

- And probably moar personal stuffs...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For the first time in a very long time I'm not actually sure what I want. There's some easy ones like get better at Japanese/French or lose more weight (down 20lb this year so far :) ) but for the real life goal ones I'm not totally sure. I guess I have to think about it. 

2017 has been kind of a weird year in some ways. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I used to be fluent in french (in fact I knew more french than english as a child) but I haven't spoken it in 10 years so I need some refresher courses so it's a lot easier to get back to fluent than with Japanese which I've been studying lightly for a couple years now.

I do study Japanese way more often than French. Usually reading a few times a week. It has however gotten to the point where I can read Japanese much better than I can speak or understand it spoken to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/12/2017 at 4:58 PM, AlexM said:

I used to be fluent in french (in fact I knew more french than english as a child) but I haven't spoken it in 10 years so I need some refresher courses so it's a lot easier to get back to fluent than with Japanese which I've been studying lightly for a couple years now.

I do study Japanese way more often than French. Usually reading a few times a week. It has however gotten to the point where I can read Japanese much better than I can speak or understand it spoken to me.

At least there are very good literature books in French to read through! Or you can read maths books :)

Il n'y a pas beaucoup mieux dans les autres langues dans ces deux domaines!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, laminutederire said:

At least there are very good literature books in French to read through! Or you can read maths books :)

Il n'y a pas beaucoup mieux dans les autres langues dans ces deux domaines!

Je droit prendre un peux d'ecole at nuit avant que je lis Voltaire :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My goals are basically the same like last year.

- Learn new stuff
- Push myself out of my comfort zone
- Get stuff done

In specifics:
- Improve in Substance Designer and Maya
- Pick up working with Substance Painter
- Finish at least one mapping related project (Still haven't decided whether I want to re-work/"re-polish" Manor or start something fresh)

2017 has been a weird and slightly frustrating year in general. So off we go to 2018 with lots of lessons learned!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 14/12/2017 at 1:12 AM, AlexM said:

Je droit prendre un peux d'ecole at nuit avant que je lis Voltaire :D

C'est noté!

If you want to open a French thread to practice, we'll be happy to help :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×