Noodle King

Aerospace

Well, It's been a long time, but Aerospace is finally getting a full release! Thought I'd make a separate forum to showcase the final product. First of all, Id like to thank the Mapcore community for helping Aerospace become what it is. If it wasn't for your feedback, Aerospace would be a three-story unthemed mess. Thankfully you guys were there to guide me along :) In my time developing Aerospace I've learned a lot about mapping, and look forward to future projects as well. I'll still be updating Aerospace and responding to feedback, but a working full release version is ready!

Workshop: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1204544481

Alpha Post: https://www.mapcore.org/topic/21139-aerospace-alpha/

Screenshots:

Title_Aero.jpg.cdab057497cec3ca36ed2982763f5107.jpg

20171117154900_1.jpg

20171117154348_1.jpg.c1100cbaaca64c5872047b3e7a04e1e7.jpg

20171117154317_1.jpg.5445ce478006e7c41b9a648f4d7a3776.jpg

20171117154555_1.jpg.608d5a629d1384c0588e1c1afd12d388.jpg

20171117154838_1.jpg.e728f91f5cd54372e09f4501ce8f5f4e.jpg

Edited by Noodle King

@Noodle KingCongratulations for the Map!   Looks Very Beautiful...

But i have one thing to Say: B is SO MORE DIFFICULT for Trs...
Because It had a crack in the container that facilitated the use of smokes, and it doest't exist anymore   =/
I Smoked for corridor, the Doors in B and the Passager for Mid, and Plant...
And it is not possible

I'll play more in the coming days and give more feedback

I just ran through the map, and found a small issue. You can't see either wing through the windows, and on the left side of the plane you can see black lines (which I assume are from the lower floor). Also, the cockpit throttle controls seem to still be a graybox, as they're untextured. Besides that, the map looks really great.

no wing .png

Yeah the wing glitch thing i'm aware of. I had it working in an earlier build of the map, but i'm still trying to recreate it. It's on top of my to-do list. As for smokes and stuff, I'll be tweaking the map a bunch so don't worry, things like that will get fixed :)

Oh yeah and as for the custom assets, I may consider releasing them :) Though they are pretty specific to a plane theme so it would be interesting to see what people would use them for.

Releasing a small update in a few minutes that half-fixes the wing problem and fixes the CT spawn that was outside the buyzone. I also added a little vent to throw nades through in mid, just to test it out.

Edited by Noodle King

It looks really nice. :)

I played it only a few rounds, so I can't say much about the gameplay.

One suggestion:

Please make it possible, that you can walk up there so you don't have to jump. It felt just not right to jump up. I like a smooth walk. :)

walk_please.jpg.0983d0af60cf6b3405549802037fe45d.jpg

17 hours ago, Andre Valera said:

What was the question you asked yourself when you decided to keep the map in the air vs on the ground? (besides the fact that there are already a few ground based airport maps)

I guess I wanted a bit of a challenge, and to do something new. There a lot of wonderful csgo maps out there at this point, covering tons of themes. While the idea of a flying plane map isn't a fully original idea, it is unique theme that isn't used often. The whole idea of playing in an environment that is constricted by the linear shape of a plane is appealing to me because it's a breath of fresh air. While the map doesn't fully constrict to the shape of a plane, both geometrically and in scale, it still gives that feeling of something special, in my opinion. I can personally say that Aerospace was the most enjoyable project for me to work on. In fact, the challenge was very enjoyable. 

But that's me personally, If you want to know who the idea for a flying plane came from, that's all Gz. When we were first brainstorming map ideas we both kinda agreed that we wanted to do something that would stand out. Gz flung out a ton of ideas, admittedly I waved most of them down. It took some convincing when he came up with the idea for a flying plane, but I agreed to try it out. We started by testing if we could make a convincing flying effect with the clouds. When it turned out we could pull it off, I started on the actual layout. Fast forward a bunch of months and we finally have the full release out :)