Hello Mapcore,

I have been working on this map 'Burg' as a side project besides de_avalanche which is my first entry of the Mapcore's Mapping Contest. I have experienced some blockades on Avalanche on different parts of the project which made me work on this new concept named de_burg which is my second entry for the Mapcore's Mapping Contest. Not sure if I am able to finish this in time but atleast I will have a start for afther the contest if I won't ;)

Preparation:

Somehow I got bumped into this Castle in Austria (Hochosterwitz): 

566318_eb.jpg

By Accidant I also ran into this castle which I used as another reference (Hohenwerfen):

12e22395e524a53557f52fb424a4abfb.jpg

I managed to find a map of the Hochosterwitz castle and created a layout from the original overview of the castle:

burg-hochosterwitz-map.jpg

ft2kwpV.jpg

My original idea was bombsite B to be the Garden you can see in the first refernece picture. While creating the layout in hammer I lacked in space and ideas to create cover for the bombsite, so I created a more kind of Castle Yard:

WJKz5G2.jpg

I still have to create the other half of the map including bombsite A which will be a fusion of both castles with this Hohenwerfen yard as a main reference:

8eac6490856d4b7ca09d0cf13e6f60f1.jpg

Latest progress:

20171024183322_1.jpg

20171024183416_1.jpg

Edited by Roald

51 minutes ago, RaVaGe said:

pls rename to de_bhurg.

Why? :D Look at the mini map of the actual castle number 15: Innerer Burghof. 

51 minutes ago, blackdog said:

Great stuff! Congrats!

In the last screenshot are you highlighting a sneaky route I take. Boost to eg on the rocks and then climb over wall?

Thanks! Yeah its a dropdown from T midle to B main and vise versa a boost. The liana is climbable like a ladder but perhaps I create some more obvious jumps to climb up

First iteration of the other bombsite. I have been struggling on this one for a long time and tried different stuff. It was quite hard because of the many entrances it would have but I hope I managed to create something that could work. Last thing to create it the path form this bombsite to CT spawn / CT mid and the layout is ready for a playtest.

gUylyBG.jpg

nW31nEY.jpg

utNAS0E.jpg

064gme2.jpg

Edited by Roald

@Roald Could you try to configure one of your light_spot with a linear falloff

100_percent_linear.png

Like this one for example :

JvvRxGS.png

And also, another one with this :

Linear : 50
Quadratic : 1

(Not entirely sure it would be better, just curious)