[CS:GO] Voodoo (alpha)

A bomb defusal map set in the city of New Orleans. 

Terrorists are on a mission to cause mayhem in the french quarter.

This map has been designed as part of a personal 11 days level design challenge. Therefore it is still very much rough around the corners. However, if sufficient people show interest, I will consider bringing it to current operation visual standards.

Workshop page: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1166508001

B5B8BF88D2E09AB474B51CEB10EA5C057D22597B

B1F964BFB19B65634AEE8AECD429456BC7100FC0

8F43257E8BB697A630BA0335DBB916FAB5F926F9

Like I said on Twitter, I love the skybox. Would love to see the map fully dressed: its quite original setting I think. Only thing seems a bit flat in terms of height variation, might be a very flat city but think CS maps need some (and luckily they don’t need extreme variation).

Maybe you want to first play test to see how much you want to invest on it? (Have you had time to play test over the challenge time span?)

Edited by blackdog

@will2k Thanks for reminding me of that game! I'll look into it for some studies.

@blackdog I did have a playtest for the initial blockout. It brought up a lot of issues which I corrected during the following days. I haven't tested the new version yet, but it's scheduled for next week. The city is indeed flat, but I think there is sufficient height variation in the map. You should really load it up in game and check it out.

Here's a bonus image from the first playtest:

TWOb83H.jpg

@El_Exodus Thanks, but I feel like I owe a lot to Alex Galuzin for coming up with this challenge years ago: http://www.worldofleveldesign.com/categories/level_design_tutorials/how-to-create-playable-level-design-in-11-days.php I just adapted it to fit with the cs:go level design workflow. 

3 hours ago, Radu said:

@El_Exodus Thanks, but I feel like I owe a lot to Alex Galuzin for coming up with this challenge years ago: http://www.worldofleveldesign.com/categories/level_design_tutorials/how-to-create-playable-level-design-in-11-days.php I just adapted it to fit with the cs:go level design workflow. 

I remember finding that as well in the past couple years when I was reading his stuff and watching some of his videos. I might have even attempted starting the challenge but clearly didn't get far :/

Also, starting Steam now to download the map and have a run around :)