Sign in to follow this  
Plat

Really Odd Skybox Bug

I was recently working on a map for a custom gamemode, aim_awp_bungalow_remake, when I came across this WEIRD bug.

I can look at one spot of the wall, and it'll be perfectly fine, but look left or right a bit and the skybox acts as if there isn't a skybox texture. This only happens along the ct side wall which wouldnt be a problem IF the map wasn't mirrored, meaning t spawn was built the same way.

Ive tried applying a texture behind the displacement wall, putting the map in an entirely new vmf, and making sure my level is sealed. I just cannot for the life of me figure out whats going on here. Need help.

20170917014219_1.jpg

20170917014221_1.jpg

I've had the same issue with Pool_day ( https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=832043432 ), in the old version graphics (use the lever in the toilets to swith from one version to the other). In a specific spot the sky disappears.

Unfortunatemy, i've never been able to fix it. I thought it could have been because of the areaportals but it's not.

Sorry, i don't have the answer...

That looks like a leak problem. Make sure you don't have leaks. It creates the same render-mashup thing when you have a leak in the map and the skybox renders empty and starts overdrawing tons of stuff. Check for any leaks in your map and make sure the map is completely sealed.

4 hours ago, JorisCeoen said:

That looks like a leak problem. Make sure you don't have leaks. It creates the same render-mashup thing when you have a leak in the map and the skybox renders empty and starts overdrawing tons of stuff. Check for any leaks in your map and make sure the map is completely sealed.

No leaks in the level. Nothing in the compiler, no pointfile. Nothing. Still clueless.

On 9/20/2017 at 7:49 PM, Lajron said:

Honestly i don't know it just seemed off to me the way you used it and i tried placing it at 0,0,0 coordinates which fixed it.

Also here's a nice tutorial for the skybox http://twhl.info/tutorial.php?id=106 which i atleast used.

Just got around to implementing your fix, and the issue is still there. Really, really confused. Still clueless as to what the problem is. Still only persists in ct spawn.