The Horse Strangler

[CS:GO] De_Grind

Not enough sand .;) Just right on the orange and O so great custom stuff.  OFF TAP MAP

Wow this all came together quick! I remember seeing a teaser image a couple months ago, and now the map is completed! (Although maybe I'm just really slow in comparison :P ) Great work on this one, definitely something to be proud of.

Everything about his map is superb, the readability of the angles, the custom artset; reminds me of getting a new pc since i get about 70fps average : / 

The normals/details read really well across the map except I feel like the 3D Skybox behind T Spawn is a bit excessive in terms of budget

Is there a way to disable the sound on the hay balls when shot! ?!

This map is pretty great, it has a ton of great detail put into it and one of the best skyboxes ive seen in a map

I do however have one issue with this map

(and its not even part of the map)

The workshop description says this map is set in Namibia which is a country in the south west of Africa.

But your CT's are the Israeli Defense Force and the Ts are Phoenix Connexion (Who are Russian)

On top of that you have blue APC's next to ct spawn, which are vehicles typically used for the SAS

I dont know whether player model accuracy is something you actually care about, but if you do then here is what I recommend.

Change the ct's to be SAS, they operate internationally and also feature gas masks, which sort of fit with your theme.

The Phoenix are also international and while they work fine for this map, I think the pirates would fit better with the theme, especially since the pirates seem to be from Africa. The only issue with them would be their large backpacks, but considering the IDF (which are the current CT model) have larger backpacks, I dont think you have a problem with that.

1 hour ago, fewseb said:

[SNIP]

You're making a good point there! We'll change the CT model to SAS with the next update but we gotta keep the Terrorists as Phoenix since the pirates have a voice line about an island, which Namibia isn't.

1 hour ago, 'RZL said:

You're making a good point there! We'll change the CT model to SAS with the next update but we gotta keep the Terrorists as Phoenix since the pirates have a voice line about an island, which Namibia isn't.

Well alright then, its a shame that IDF don't appear on very many good maps, I finally thought they had a home on the workshop until I read the Namibia part. Still, keep up the great work.

Very cool and original theme! liking it a lot.

Judging from the screens I would nitpick a couple things: looks like some props could be better integrated, the tire tracks seem to stand out and the little pile of dirt in the first screen (not sure if that's prop or displace). Also the tarps would maybe benefit in integration if you could give some shadow, I would think of using a decal maybe, or dirty the edges of the tarp skin.

Like I said just nitpicking and maybe only noticeable from screens and fine in-game... I need to run around it ;)