Jump to content
Squad

Offtime

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Harry Poster said:

Maybe useful feedback

  Hide contents

20171130151253_1.jpg.0e6fd72ad53bc3680e02c5fe2d66fb4a.jpg

 

 

I've updated the workshop with the missing color correction.
Soundscapes have not been added yet (as so many other things), I'll keep working on this after the contest ends though.

Thanks for the feedback!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This map is really bold and ambitious. I really dig how you obviously visualized the map experience in your head and then set out to create something very cinematic and dynamic, in that respect you did a fantastic job.

Some of the areas I think the map could be improved in are: the exterior is a bit flat in terms of displacement height. The concrete you use on the structure itself is very low interest because it tiles so much. I think creating a custom blend or custom asset there would be a great next move. In terms of the interior spaces, this is a bit tough obviously because they are just so confusingly layed-out. I'm not sure if that's deliberate, however it might be worth reconsidering some of those paths and how they could be improved upon. IMO it felt a bit maze-like.

I think you set out here to do something very difficult and challenging, and obviously as a hostage map that's an extra challenge as well. IMO you did well with a tough assignment, and any additional time you invest would be worthwhile to deliver on the potential you have here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, FMPONE said:

This map is really bold and ambitious. I really dig how you obviously visualized the map experience in your head and then set out to create something very cinematic and dynamic, in that respect you did a fantastic job.

Some of the areas I think the map could be improved in are: the exterior is a bit flat in terms of displacement height. The concrete you use on the structure itself is very low interest because it tiles so much. I think creating a custom blend or custom asset there would be a great next move. In terms of the interior spaces, this is a bit tough obviously because they are just so confusingly layed-out. I'm not sure if that's deliberate, however it might be worth reconsidering some of those paths and how they could be improved upon. IMO it felt a bit maze-like.

I think you set out here to do something very difficult and challenging, and obviously as a hostage map that's an extra challenge as well. IMO you did well with a tough assignment, and any additional time you invest would be worthwhile to deliver on the potential you have here.

Thanks a lot for the feedback, FMPONE, really appreciate it!

The interiors being hard to navigate is the #1 feedback without a doubt. I'm not entirely sure if it's because how it's laid out or because of a lack of visual clues/signage. Could be a combination of both.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is a very unique map that people seem to very much enjoy, but also throw a lot of shade at in our playtests. Sort of like a "meme map". However, I've super enjoyed it and thus put together this album for you with some recommended changes. Perhaps other people can chime in, but I feel these would really help the map a lot.

https://imgur.com/a/HhHCqiB

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I find the map is a fresh change to the normal style of maps, and is something that can work well for hostage.

My main issue right now is that one of the choke points on a set of stairs allows CTs to hide in a corner behind the Ts, making it very difficult to push up the stairs.

It's also very easy to get lost, even after playing the map multiple times, due to its unnormal design. Like FMPONE said, making it more obvious which floor the players are on, such as colour coded floors, walls or ceilings, would be a big plus. 

Other than that, I enjoy playing it, and am interested to see where it goes!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, JimWood said:

My main issue right now is that one of the choke points on a set of stairs allows CTs to hide in a corner behind the Ts, making it very difficult to push up the stairs.

Thanks for the feedback :) 

What chokepoint/stair is that exactly though?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/4/2018 at 4:08 PM, Squad said:

Thanks for the feedback :) 

What chokepoint/stair is that exactly though?

 

Welcome man!

Unfortunately I'm on holiday, so the best you're going to get is this lousy old screenshot. Best I could find. 

MbwwH0Q.jpg

There is an angle for CTs in the back corner to look down to the lower floor from above which is very awkward, and it's incredibly hard to push up the stairs when having to check 180 degrees.

This other staircase is similar to that chokepoint...

7C89791A31D16059FB03B1ABF927665F267F51C0

However, in this situation, the staircase is flipped the opposite way, which is much easier to push, and there is no cover for CTs pushing. Any CT pushing is most likely going to be picked off.

Having 2 main chokepoints being staircases is strange and different, but I think it would work much better if the first staircase was easier to push for Ts.  

Edited by JimWood

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...