Sign in to follow this  
Loafsy

[RELEASED] Transmit

Transmit is a bomb defusal map set in a mountainous region.  It features a radio tower and a radio station that are both critical elements in sending and receiving classified information.  A group of anarchists plan to disrupt this line of communication by directly attacking the tower and the station.  It is up to FBI forces to defend the station and the tower and to stop the anarchists.

Transmit has been released!

Thanks to the Mapcore community for their feedback throughout the duration of this project. After about a half year of work on this map, I am glad that I was able to complete it! I learned a tremendous amount about map-making from designing Transmit, as well as from seeing other creator's submissions.  Thank you and, as usual, any feedback is welcome.

Here is the Steam Workshop link: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1145357592

de_transmit_radar_spectate.png

title.jpg

Edited by Loafsy
Release of Transmit

Just a quick update.  The original layout of my map was not working out how I wanted it to.  I think I jumped the gun on trying to detail the map and did not have a map that played well.  I want take a step back and design a layout that really works well.  I found myself doing things on the fly and I was losing direction and focus on my design. 

That said, the overall theme of a radio tower and a radio station will remain. Thanks!

After about 2 weeks I have re-designed de_Transmit! I am much happier with the new layout and how the map plays.  The map is still in greybox, but after some more testing I will begin adding in the details.

Here is the Steam Workshop link: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1145357592

Please share any feedback you have.  Particularly on the bombsites, the flow of the map, and any problem areas you come across.  Thanks!

20170924130149_1.jpg

20170925204131_1.jpg

20170925204205_1.jpg

20170925204255_1.jpg

20170925204308_1.jpg

20170925204333_1.jpg

20170925204355_1.jpg

20170925204441_1.jpg

Edited by Loafsy
Adding screenshots of map

Add a few more lights to balance the brightness out (you barely ever want to have only one light per room!). The outside areas could work as they are, but the easier it is to see, the more fun it is to play :) 

Also increase the ceiling height, players should have at least 128-144 units of vertical space to jump around and not feel claustrophobic. If you have climbable boxes, you want players to have space to stand up and jump off those as well

I didn't really like the look of the the stock sky-boxes.  None of them gave the map quite the right feeling.  So, I decided to create my own!  A nice deep blue sky, with stars peeking though thin clouds.  Of course, the image I actually used was a much higher resolution

nightsky.png

Edited by Loafsy
Resolution

Over the past month I have made some more progress on de_Transmit.  Some of the changes include raising the ceiling height (thanks Gauss!), reworking some areas, increasing the lighting, and adding a custom skybox!  I feel that the map is in the home stretch, I'm almost ready to get into detailing.  Once again, any feedback on the map is appreciated.  Here are some new screenshots of de_Transmit!

20171105145917_1.jpg

20171105145939_1.jpg

20171105150003_1.jpg

20171105150040_1.jpg

20171105150123_1.jpg

20171105150232_1.jpg

20171105150252_1.jpg

Edited by Loafsy

Transmit has been released!

Thanks to the Mapcore community for their feedback throughout the duration of this project. After about a half year of work on this map, I am glad that I was able to complete it! I learned a tremendous amount about map-making from designing Transmit, as well as from seeing other creator's submissions.  Thank you and, as usual, any feedback is welcome.

Here is the Steam Workshop link: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1145357592

I liked the idea of the Map ...
The design of the paths to A and B are good.
A little more detail would give the map more life, and more interesting
Greybox has a lot of potential in my opinion, but the biggest defect for me is in the ways
The map looking from the radar looks smaller, but the paths are too big
Think of staggering the map. Let the paths less long, and with more dynamics, it has Potential even for Competitive Pool
Believe me: The map will be a lot more fun if it's smaller, more compact ...
=)

On 11/23/2017 at 2:46 AM, Vaya said:

think about adding more 'lived in' details- like more wires, lights, stains, cables... it looks very bare just now

4 hours ago, Rafael Oliveira said:

A little more detail would give the map more life, and more interesting

I agree, I will add more "lived-in" details to give more life to the map.

4 hours ago, Rafael Oliveira said:

The map looking from the radar looks smaller, but the paths are too big
Think of staggering the map. Let the paths less long, and with more dynamics, it has Potential even for Competitive Pool

Rafael, when you say stagger the map, do you mean breaking up the longer pathways? If so, which spots did you think needed to be changed? Also, which paths are too big?

I Try to Explain...5a1a22c43cf64_Capturadetelade2017-11-2600-03-27.png.79f9dd6883d20525ff6b30230b7958ff.png

I think that this corridor where the bombsite is could be moved to the left, to more or less this junction of the wall...
The only space used is a corridor that joins the A in the middle, which can easily be rethought...

On this map, the time from Spawn and Bombs is a bit longer, but I believe that this change would greatly improve the map...

5a1a24ed25f0b_Capturadetelade2017-11-2600-04-03.png.1f1ad0f8e204fe2443cc9ee74b2a9a31.png

The same ideia in A could be used Here...A Direct passage...
Do you Think to Invert the Spawns? I Think CT Here is SO MORE LOGICAL...
And turns it more Dynamic...5a1a257c7ccf4_Capturadetelade2017-11-2600-05-45.png.f17c5ccc18b00092152bb701eac45b02.png

And I think this wall is very useless ...
I could take it off, just put some pilasters, and make a GREAT Control Room
And there create options, reversing the Spawns, the TR enter and protect from the CTs, they would have to react quickly from that entry "Medium to B"...

The Map has potential, and I think these details would greatly improve the dynamics of the Map.
Otherwise, details and things like that, I think you're better than Nobody can think about!

And one more Thing: The Shad in A is Useless too...
You can use a Open space, to create Options for Smokes, Mols and Bangs

Edited by Rafael Oliveira