Stephen King's IT

Sprony

I thought I had opened the topic when the teaser trailer came out… i think that one

was better than the most recent one.

I haven't seen yet the original movie, but this remake prompted me to buy the book and start reading. I'm gonna be "that guy" and say I'm quite surprised by the stark difference between the portrayal of the clown in the movies and in the book, now that I got to a point where he's been described in detail.

Anyway, I found very interesting that despite not being advertised or explained in any way in the trailers, this is only "part 1", according to Wikipedia there will be another IT movie afterwards – you might know that the story spans between youth and adulthood of the characters.

12 hours ago, blackdog said:

I thought I had opened the topic when the teaser trailer came out… i think that one

I looked. We had the same with Stranger Things recently. Seems to have vanished.

3 hours ago, Sprony said:

I looked. We had the same with Stranger Things recently. Seems to have vanished.

Im sure is just one of those things you think you've done something but you didn't ;)

I'm trying to read the book by when the movie comes out. 1k pages to go eek

i better get my reading on when flying to Canada :D

Also would like to watch the original movies first.

Edited by blackdog

6 hours ago, blackdog said:

Im sure is just one of those things you think you've done something but you didn't ;)

That's a weird response. Forum policy is not to have doubles and if it happens either lock or merge them. If you can find me your topic, I will do just that.

1 hour ago, Sprony said:

That's a weird response. Forum policy is not to have doubles and if it happens either lock or merge them. If you can find me your topic, I will do just that.

I mean: must be one of those mental f*ups where you think you've done something, but you must have not! ;)

Edited by blackdog

• 1 month later...

I thought IT was great overall. It was well crafted, solid re-visioning of the story with an excellent, established cast of characters.  I really appreciate the creativity and care put into everything and cinematography was excellent.  Sadly a bit to many loud bangy noises ("jump scares") used to scare audiences were unnecessary at times, but it's strengths highly outweighed it's weaknesses in my opinion.

Edited by Dark

This film was great! I really enjoyed its blend of truly sinister atmosphere and jump scares. I know some aren’t keen but I find them to be a very enjoyable part of watching horrors — especially with company.

The story felt like it had heart, and its largely child cast was excellent. Of course that also made it very sickening to see them preyed upon by evil, with the first death horrifyingly setting the scene.