Chester bennington, dead.

Tisky

I met Linkin Park, 2007 in Stockholm , a meet and greet. Chester was a down to earth person that really made the concert special. The News of his death is gutting, i loved Linkin Parks old songs and i will miss him. The voice of him Screaming is amazing and god What a loss. People can say What they want but he was one of a kind. 

Yeah, this is fucked up! :(

I remember being 17, hopping on a train to Lisbon all by myself with a friend of mine, we were on our way to a Linkin Park concert. I've never been to a concert, barely even been our of my home city my whole life and I remember vividly seeing them live was quite life changing for me, their Meteora album is one of the best albums I've ever listened to, a master piece.

Suicide is never the answer guys, if somehow you're reading this and are going through a bad patch, there's always someone to help, don't give up.

Suicide Prevention Hotline in the US - 1-800-273-8255, or http://www.suicide.org/international-suicide-hotlines.html

8 hours ago, [HP] said:

Suicide is never the answer guys, if somehow you're reading this and are going through a bad patch, there's always someone to help, don't give up.

Suicide Prevention Hotline in the US - 1-800-273-8255, or http://www.suicide.org/international-suicide-hotlines.html

Suicide is still too tabu in western societies, that's why we still have too much of them...

It's like society doesn't make us feel like we are allowed to be sad, which subsequently lead to isolation and to a breaking point, we there it is suicide,  a burnout, etc.

And the more successful you are the less you are allowed to feel sadness. (That's why celebrities or highly educated students or highly successful employees sometimes go down like this...)

On his suicide, that's sad... especially for certain generations who have grown with Linkin Park as superstars in the musical landscape!

For all of those who feel numb or want to faint, or feel like you're one step closer of a runaway, well, in the end... it's easier to run without a papercut if we don't let these songs be forgotten !

(Damn we could write an entire somewhat cohesive article with their song names!)

1 hour ago, laminutederire said:

Suicide is still too tabu in western societies, that's why we still have too much of them...

It's like society doesn't make us feel like we are allowed to be sad, which subsequently lead to isolation and to a breaking point, we there it is suicide,  a burnout, etc.

And the more successful you are the less you are allowed to feel sadness. (That's why celebrities or highly educated students or highly successful employees sometimes go down like this...)

On his suicide, that's sad... especially for certain generations who have grown with Linkin Park as superstars in the musical landscape!

For all of those who feel numb or want to faint, or feel like you're one step closer of a runaway, well, in the end... it's easier to run without a papercut if we don't let these songs be forgotten !

(Damn we could write an entire somewhat cohesive article with their song names!)

Funny you mention this, because I was having sinilar thoughts today. Same with the 27 club, how can young artists full of fame and a bright long future just off themselves like that. 

The answer I'm sure it's as complex as the human mind and the ecosystem it exists in. You were mentioning being tabu to be depressed in western society, this is very true, people want to send you to a shrink with first signs of any depression, then come the mind numbing drugs and coasting through a half existence.

It almost makes sense if you think of western society as a living being, depressed people don't contribute to society, so the immune system kicks in and finds ways to fix the abnormality so things can go back to being a functional member of the pack, asap. And indeed, those most fortunate should have nothing to complain about, with their sports cars and mansions on the beach. 

Sigh... anyway, sucks to the generation that loved what he did and his family, life is precious and seeing shit like this happening, at least to me it's confusing at best. 

Got home from work last night and the missus told me about this. Was quite shocking! My girlfriend works at the arenas in Birmingham and only saw them play a couple of weeks ago and I think they were still in the middle of a tour too.

Really sucks though. Celebrity deaths and stuff don't normally affect me but Linkin Park was one of the bands I used to listen to a lot in my teenage years and it's sad that a part of the band is lost forever now. 

Hope all his family and friends are ok. Can't imagine what he was going through to take his own life but as people have said, it's never the right thing to do. Get help if you need it guys <3

2 hours ago, [HP] said:

It almost makes sense if you think of western society as a living being

That's an interesting perspective, however it also shows that the society fights each and every mutated cell with every chance it's got. This prevents evolution among the society and keeps it perfectly in its current state. Issue is that the current state isn't perfect and not allowing it to be questioned is an impending disaster.

As someone who is fortunate in a way, I understand why super rich people can be depressed. When you see the world full of possibilities in theory but not quite in practice,  it's very sad and overwhelming to see. You feel like you have Been wrong all along.. that may be his case with the dissapointment of not being able to overcome his past?

4 hours ago, ElectroSheep said:

Looks like it related to Chris Cornell birthday. This suck.

Yeah.

It's kind of a warning sign for people... if someone close to you commits suicide, you need to be careful that you don't allow that kind of negative thinking to spiral out of control in your own life. Must be tough if it's someone who is a close friend, but this will be really hard on everyone's family.

6 hours ago, [HP] said:

Funny you mention this, because I was having sinilar thoughts today. Same with the 27 club, how can young artists full of fame and a bright long future just off themselves like that.

Well that's the problem, western societies correlates fame/wealth with happiness, people only see the success, but fail to see the shit that famous people have to get trough to stay at their level.

It's always a question of balance, and when you reach this kind of level of fame and sucess, there is always a huge counterpart to pay.

I have a Minutes to Midnight cd with autographs from the band, framed and everything. Lately i thought 'It used to mean so much to me, but now its more like 'meh'. Been thinking about that concert 2007, Chester went out into the crowd, stood on a chair and sang 'Crawling'. The arms from the crowd around him made it look like he was sinking into the crowd . Gives me goosebumps.

I loved most of their music and reading that he was dead saddened me. Then I read he suicide and I got annoyed/angry.

If suicide shouldn't be a taboo why don't we start writing and describing things as they are instead of going for the easy clickbait-instalike post on Facebook.

On 21/07/2017 at 4:28 PM, RaVaGe said:

Well that's the problem, western societies correlates fame/wealth with happiness, people only see the success, but fail to see the shit that famous people have to get trough to stay at their level.

It's always a question of balance, and when you reach this kind of level of fame and sucess, there is always a huge counterpart to pay.

On 21/07/2017 at 0:54 PM, laminutederire said:

That's an interesting perspective, however it also shows that the society fights each and every mutated cell with every chance it's got. This prevents evolution among the society and keeps it perfectly in its current state. Issue is that the current state isn't perfect and not allowing it to be questioned is an impending disaster.

Sorry but that's very wrong concept. A mutated cell would be like a cancer and isolating/destroying it prevents it to spread, if anything.

I'm not saying we have to isolate depressed people at all, my auntie went through it and took pills etc, just that you are making the wrong example.

Sorry for being not supportive on this but I don't get this. Yes stars go through a lot of pressure and are under the microscope for every action (their life is invaded constantly and that's why I've always said paparazzi can't be protected by the same laws that protect a journalist, they are not journalists)... but I don't accept people like Cornell or Chester killing themselves. They have millions in their banks and unlike us they can not show up at work if they don't feel like. They have all the tools to tackle their problems early so I'm not up to mourn their deaths.