grapen

de_scepter

12 minutes ago, Roald said:

Great job Grapen I love it! Finally you released it, I waited so long ;)

Besides the 20 pages long list of the things I love, there are a few minor things I noticed while walking arround: 

The breakable glass window is really hard to see. I jumped trough the window and bumped my head there. From T spawn walking to B, the brown room feels a litle too dark. When a CT pushed it was hard to see him. Also pushing further to B where the paths split to the bombsite and those sniper windows, that area feels a litle too dark. It was abit hard to see the CT's there. Just some minor things u could consider for a futuring update

Thanks! I need to buy a new monitor, mine is so old and overbright it's hard to get lighting right :D will defo check these out!

Wow! Great job on this map @grapen and congratulations on the release! Can't wait to run around this and draw some inspiration for my thematically similar map. Keep it going!

+1, Valve add this please

Write +rep on my profile and I write back

Click here for free code of 2000$ skin

I'm pretty sure I missed something up there :)

Congratulations on this release, and as everyone has said before, map is looking visually awesome and clean; well done.

Manipulation and massive bot down-votes are sadly not surprising; the workshop, and by extension Valve, is a lost cause and a shining example of incompetence, and lack of accountability/responsibility. And they get away with this because of them being a monopoly without a decent competitor that forces them to improve for fear of losing market share and customer goodwill.

Anyway, congrats again on finishing this big project and here's to more ambitious ones in the future :)

2 hours ago, 'RZL said:

Ran around the map, its pretty fun and good looking, good job! A little bit of snarky feedback: http://imgur.com/a/dcJvs

1. Whoops, been meaning to add a door there. 1.1 :)

3. You used to be able to, tricky balancing act. Might revise depending, but for now it's a double peek opportunity and afterplant position.

4. Save area as well as nade opportunity through windows above.

5. Yeah I guess :D

Ran around the map to have a look and really like the layout and generally design of every single area, you can see there's a lot of attention to offer different approaches.

Shouldn't the CT spawn feature A-B decals? I see ok those around bombsites and T-side so I assume they are missing.

Would be fun some more breakable just for the sake of shooting something when getting in position. Also I didn't realize straight away there was a glass in the window that from mid allows to go toward A... at first I thought the model had weird clipping and wasn't allowing me to fit in. Maybe should be more opaque or another glass texture?

4 hours ago, blackdog said:

Also I didn't realize straight away there was a glass in the window that from mid allows to go toward A... at first I thought the model had weird clipping and wasn't allowing me to fit in. Maybe should be more opaque or another glass texture?

Coming in a patch this week along some bug/clip fixes and gameplay enhancements :)

Edited by grapen

32 minutes ago, blackdog said:

Also, maybe I didn't spot it… but *cough* no HURG references? :v

I've seen that mentioned a lot.. but I'm afraid to admit I don't know what it is :(

1.1 should hit the workshop today:

- Fixed several clipping issues
- Removed pillar in rotator to A from CT Spawn
- Improved interior lighting
- Improved shaders on gold-like materials
- Gameplay adjustments on B
- Fixed overly transparent glass on low shaders in mid
- Fixed stairs leading to nowhere on A
- Display case is now breakable in T Spawn
- Added story elements to CT Spawn, mid and A for further clarification on the map scenario
- Added efflorescence stains to overly dark backgrounds
- Added a modest amount of grime
- Fixed rare bug on window materials
- Slightly shortened some headshot-height walls
- Fixed a powerful self-boost

As for the rare bug people were having, I'm pretty sure it's because selfillum can't be used with basealphaenvmapmask.

Edited by grapen