Harry Poster

Tangerine

Really digging the texture work, not sure if the textures are updated or the lighting is making them look better than before.

Like it overall.

Any particular reference you using? I have been in Marrakesh… my last holiday with family, 17 years ago now!

5 hours ago, blackdog said:

Really digging the texture work, not sure if the textures are updated or the lighting is making them look better than before.

Like it overall.

Any particular reference you using? I have been in Marrakesh… my last holiday with family, 17 years ago now!

Yeah textures are updated but nothing really special with them, just some work in photoshop and setting up details in .vmt file but that is the main red textures.

As others like cobblestones and downside of the walls is some cheap models because they render textures better and normal maps for them, starting making Marrakesh i've  seen that there is no so many details  to make and i've decided to try this "dirty" method. After full detailing i will decide save it or delete for optimisation.

Rubric "News without screenshots"

I've saved the walls models but cutted cobblestone.

Also came with an idea for story.

' T's have to destroy their drug stash.

One is on market hidden in tangerines. (A site)

Second is a crash place of their truck with drugs. (B site)'

Spoiler

Some of you might remember a difficult jump spot for CT's that brings you some advantages with mid control. But now i've made it even harder! My own trick jump.

Watch my pain attempts - 

Edited by Harry Poster

@Harry Poster I honestly feel bad for your hard drive after occupying all that footage of you looking through a window

There is a comfortable theme in this map, and some of us would really love to see some of those walls be broken down.  Visually stimulate the players and create environments based on previously occurred events that would better help separate the constant flow of red that we see on our screen. I understand D2 could be used as an excuse but we've been playing D2 since our internet was available 

2 hours ago, Andre Valera said:

There is a comfortable theme in this map, and some of us would really love to see some of those walls be broken down.  Visually stimulate the players and create environments based on previously occurred events that would better help separate the constant flow of red that we see on our screen.

Thanks for your suggestion. I'm trying to make map with dynamic enviroment, but i cant show what i mean now.

Let's say plot is like "start of revolution" but i can make some broken walls because i'm making old poor part of city.

What i'm trying to make dynamic - ropes moving by wind, dynamic skybox like people and cars and etc. I will show it later.

Spoiler

I'm starting to lose objectivity about my map and downgrade my opinion about it. So i need some criticism. (Compile is Fast)

- A site

20170918194112_1.thumb.jpg.27cd0e04610f8c4b26eed822fbce831d.jpg

- CT spawn

20170918194234_1.thumb.jpg.7c8cf922d17bfcd5bacfd54345a80212.jpg

- WIP mid

20170918194136_1.thumb.jpg.70f9c8f93e49c8f8ff22d54da5bebfa2.jpg

- Remaking T apps

20170918194208_1.thumb.jpg.34f973a1df0c1bf764325225c9558050.jpg

(Lighting is about to change)

Edited by Harry Poster