Harry Poster

Tangerine

Nothing big yet.

-Updated tiling on B site (Fast compile makes it darker and some shitty shadows)

20171231201529_1.jpg.5038a25c4d76dabd358c098625da0cd7.jpg

In plans updating A's staging area.

Added skill jump for 'pro' players to get over the wall.

20171231201517_1.jpg.7e34c5605fc9014828fd0d6aad8b74bd.jpg

5 hours ago, Vaya said:

look at floor_tile_03 from the new dust. I think that but lighter would fit your bombsite a lot better

I will but on this screenshot I'm talking about roof tiling.

Unfortunately, this entry has been disqualified.

As mentioned privately and publicly, we will be following our rules -- to the letter -- in order to ensure a fair contest for everyone. It's deeply saddening that this came down to a matter of minutes, however we couldn't have been any more clear about our policy on updating maps after the deadline.

46 minutes ago, FMPONE said:

Unfortunately, this entry has been disqualified.

As mentioned privately and publicly, we will be following our rules -- to the letter -- in order to ensure a fair contest for everyone. It's deeply saddening that this came down to a matter of minutes, however we couldn't have been any more clear about our policy on updating maps after the deadline.

For a few months I've thought that I've met some luck. Such shame to be dq because of PakRat bugs. For sure I've started updating it in 23.57 gg wp Biome wins.

Edited by Harry Poster
fck my life

"Disaster Update" is out

Here is the story - Originally supposed to be released on 8th of December but vvis screwed me and in one day I had to redo the whole optimisation system. Now it's even better and for sure I was happy. But then when I tried to PakRat map file somehow got corrupted and made models missing even when I have them in the folder. I realized how to manage that late and map uploaded to workshop with 1.30min after deadline.  Really frustrating, maybe I should move to another program now.

Anyway, update.

- Nav file fix

- Radar_spectate updated

- Skill jump added

- Massive displacement pass. Edges are smoother, more details added.

Models and textures:

-Bark

20180111090057_1.jpg.cd9ed07dd5828882cfda70d329e81f16.jpg

- Holes in 3D

20180111090209_1.jpg.6bf92afbf5bac39caf4fbfaf3560ed11.jpg

- Normal doorframe models

20180111090107_1.jpg.84d6fd250e2ab3bbbc2748716df6d2ad.jpg

- Modeled roof in souk

20180111090029_1.jpg.fad3ee1f9c26ac9f258f7ddb2987644a.jpg

- Roof tile on B

20180111152316_1.jpg.54bbb5883b647ea44a6f626a7a89dae3.jpg

- Wall tile on B

20180111152304_1.jpg.c40c552f3cddba91f7c57d05a154191b.jpg

Updated areas:

- A's staging

20180111090259_1.jpg.d0d1a25e0d9d729bf7491be2420616a3.jpg

20180111090127_1.jpg.1b2985e76d773f89f1293799bfd971f2.jpg

- T spawn

20180111090018_1.jpg.7d8d1720fc18c66b584a78085bfc72e3.jpg

hey man

we've put your map in the new faceit pool but had to take it out temp because the furthest back T spawn is bugged. I think you just need to change collisions on the grate. let me know when fixed and I'll readd

42 minutes ago, Harry Poster said:

Can't keep secrets. Working on Tangerine remake, any layout changes are welcome!

What I'm already working on:

- Smoothing corners

- Deleted alternate way to B site from CT spawn. (The annoying one)

- Risky B and safe B ways

maybe rethink about the bombsites? I revisited the map few days ago and I just released may be the bombsite is a bit to simple with a box/ a pile of box siting in the middle XD

5 hours ago, Harry Poster said:

Can't keep secrets. Working on Tangerine remake, any layout changes are welcome!

What I'm already working on:

- Smoothing corners

- Deleted alternate way to B site from CT spawn. (The annoying one)

- Risky B and safe B ways

Less right angled connections
Less Clutter

Bombsites should be larger with more height differences for interesting play

Make A site more unique theming wise.

-All the small windows to go through are quite annoying, rework these to proper routes instead

-Work on visibility/change T models. They blend really well with the walls

-Somer routes could use some more space, feels narrow at points

-Don't enjoy the ladder route towards B. Needs something else, less clunky

-I don't like the mid connector entrance towards B. Feels twist'n'turny and somehow.. awkward. Hard to describe it

A lot of people on the Hub seem to enjoy the map, so that's some cool news!

Allthough i feel like having only played this map three times is not enough i'll try to give some feedback.

- Try to make spots/objects that look like they can be accessed either accessible or change them to not look like it

examples: 

tangerinemid1l6d6s.png

tangerinetmidtobsoilx.png

tangerinebtable38ikm.png

- Mid t window could use some smoothing for entering from mid

tangerinemidtwindowoveid.png

- If possible maybe move the b site part of the map closer towards mid/ center of the map. B long and mid to b connector feel like long walks.

Beautiful map. Nice theme, awesome colours. Makes me feel warm and fuzzy 👍

Quick update. I'm working on remake but at the same time I make test updates for the original version. For playtests thanks to Mapcore HUB. Focus of the remake is reducing paths length, visual improvement and optimisation (which can't be done properly in current version). Also with a remake I will release "vanilla" update for original workshop that will return it to the original state with few improvements. And from now official name of the map de_Tanger (not Tangier). Have a nice day.

20190121091255_1.jpg.2d713c530a5a824fb9b6983636141236.jpg

1 hour ago, Harry Poster said:

Quick update. I'm working on remake but at the same time I make test updates for the original version. For playtests thanks to Mapcore HUB. Focus of the remake is reducing paths length, visual improvement and optimisation (which can't be done properly in current version). Also with a remake I will release "vanilla" update for original workshop that will return it to the original state with few improvements. And from now official name of the map de_Tanger (not Tangier). Have a nice day.

20190121091255_1.jpg.2d713c530a5a824fb9b6983636141236.jpg

Although it's hard to do one of the most important things in mapping is being able to realise when an area doesn't feel right and reworking/scrapping it. Our brain inserts value into  locations by the time we spent working on them, but in reality some of the most well planned areas will end up flopping and even more painfully be one upped by parts that had half the drawing, modeling, and thought. During my most recent graybox I redid a whole site that took me almost half an hour just to block out and time correctly. I can imagine how it must feel on a larger scale. However, you will feel great when you revise or replace the section and discover that it is far more functional and enjoyable to the players. TLDR: Don't be afraid to scrap as long as you know where you went wrong. You won't be dissapointed.