Sign in to follow this  
El Moroes

Simon Stålenhag

Been following him on Twitter for a few months now, really liking his art as well.

Still doubting if I should help kickstart it, it's around €40-45 here for the hardcover book. His two previous artbooks are around €42 each on Amazon. Decisions :???: 

Looks dope!
A game in this setting would be sick! We should hurry and buy the rights :D (Also a movie would be sick - especially if by Villeneuve)

Is that all illustrated from scratch or is he using some base for like cars?

I've deffo seen some of his work and probably saved for reference. I remember the mecha stuff.
Need to look and see if his books are affordable.

Edited by blackdog

Helped him on his previous kickstarters, and own both his books. I'm a huge fan of the way he uses lighting to convey emotion and a sense of uniqueness. Some of his work looks incredibly coozy, yet epic in scale, still baffled on how he manages to do that. 

Would love if he got involved in either a major motion picture or a video game. There's a lot of people trying to do fan art in his style, but falling pretty flat. 

Love this guy.

Funny thing, I grew up in the same area as Simon in the countryside, and a bunch of the content in the first book has a load of details from my childhood. Like even the numbers on bus signs are the same as the on the bus I took to school =). Makes me super nostalgic.

On 7/10/2017 at 1:34 AM, [HP] said:

Some of his work looks incredibly coozy, yet epic in scale, still baffled on how he manages to do that.

Yes! This is exactly what I felt seeing this for the first time. It's the same feeling I get when looking at Studio Ghibli's work, though the scale of things are grander here. Cozy and eerily familiar. 

14 hours ago, blackdog said:

Looks like the golden boys of Marvel, the Russo brothers (Captain America Civil War, Winter Soldier, Infinity War) have picked up the rights to the Stalenhag novel! :dance:

This is pretty cool, always nice to see an artist get their due in the “mainstream”. A film of visuals inspired by his work could definitely be striking to look at 

OT: @FMPONE you should give a try at series like Sneaky Pete, Mr Robot, Startup and The Man in the High Castle.

All Amazon Originals.

Also coming in August is Jack Ryan, I posted the trailer on a dedicated topic ;)

Edited by blackdog