Sign in to follow this  
Puddy

Tabletop/board/card Games (Warhammer, Munchkin etc)

Hey!

This was originally supposed to be a topic about Warhammer 40 000 specifically but I can't imagine that we have a lot of players on here, so I figured that I'd broaden the topic to include various forms of analogue gaming nerdery goodness. 

So, my fellow mapcorians, do you whip out any non-digital games from time to time?

And who else is interested in this book? :D

60010199015_40KDarkImperiumENG18.jpg

Have not done warhammer or any small figurines games (money and time seems extroadinary); but I do have a buddy who loves board games and we go over about once a month to play. Been playing Codenames (personal favorite) and Mystic Vale lately. Although he has a new game every time we go over. Consequently, the wife and I have started our own (very) small collection as well for when company is over. Otherwise, it's just Magic: The Gathering. :D

Yeah I play magic (people at my work got me back into it). It's a pretty huge money sink but I managed to actually make a profit because it turns out all the cards I have from 1993 are worth hundreds of dollars. 

17 hours ago, Sigma said:

Have not done warhammer or any small figurines games (money and time seems extroadinary);

Otherwise, it's just Magic: The Gathering. :D

:?

Can't argue about the time aspect tho!

I've heard good things about Codenames, might check it out!

16 hours ago, AlexM said:

Yeah I play magic (people at my work got me back into it). It's a pretty huge money sink but I managed to actually make a profit because it turns out all the cards I have from 1993 are worth hundreds of dollars. 

8)8)8)

I get together with friends or family from time to time to play board/card games. Haven't dared touch anything as involved as Warhammer yet. About the most involved we got was playing Risk Legacy which was fantastic, though now that it's over I doubt we'll be organised enough to go through it again from start to finish. More recently I've been enjoying Ticket to Ride and Exploding Kittens. I bought Five Tribes the other day but I've yet to organize a night to play it. It looks exciting though!

8 hours ago, text_fish said:

I get together with friends or family from time to time to play board/card games. Haven't dared touch anything as involved as Warhammer yet. About the most involved we got was playing Risk Legacy which was fantastic, though now that it's over I doubt we'll be organised enough to go through it again from start to finish. More recently I've been enjoying Ticket to Ride and Exploding Kittens. I bought Five Tribes the other day but I've yet to organize a night to play it. It looks exciting though!

Exploding kittens is definitely fun! Havn't seen Five Tribes yet though so I will need to look at it.

On 6/27/2017 at 10:16 AM, AlexM said:

So you'll sell me that Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale and Timewalk for a nickel on the dollar, right (the Mapcore discount; still profit)? :P 

4 hours ago, Sigma said:

Exploding kittens is definitely fun! 

I got it for my bday and we did enjoy it when we played it, however I think we were so impressed by Munchkin that we compared it to that and exploding kittens didn't really deliver to that standard. Completely different games I know... :P

9 hours ago, Sigma said:

Exploding kittens is definitely fun! Havn't seen Five Tribes yet though so I will need to look at it.

So you'll sell me that Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale and Timewalk for a nickel on the dollar, right (the Mapcore discount; still profit)? :P 

Heh I went to Osaka last year and sold some underground seas for 250$ each. I paid for a good portion of my whole vacation with magic cards :D

My most expensive card is probably bazaar of Baghdad at 800$. I don't have a timewalk :(

Hey, i'm not passing by there that much nowadays, nothing to share but still lurking from time to time.

But this post is a good pretext to show off my paintings ;)

I re-started painting minis after I found my old 40k orks from my parent house earlier this year. I bought a lot of paints, a lot of minis and an airbrush compressor... Kinda went crazy on the expenses :D

Here are some of my work (I'm only painting, I don't even have rule books ah ah) : http://simon-aublet.com/devblog/warhammer-40k-hobby/warhammer-40-hobby-space-marines-chaos.html

photo_0002_IMG_0125-860x358.jpg

photo_0004_IMG_0120-860x358.jpg
photo_0003_IMG_0121-860x358.jpg

Hope I'm not hijacking the thread :D

I'm a big tabletop fan. Unfortunately I can't show off my collection because most of it is still packed away due to my recent move. But I got this one for you, which I imported from the Us due to this version having the best defined rule set and it's by far my favorite. I'll post more as I slowly unpack things in the coming months. Also, great paint job @Em'!

YoiG8NA.jpg?1

Heroquest and Zombiecide are the kind of game I would love, but I have no friend I could play with :/

So i'll just keep on painting :D

On 09/07/2017 at 9:18 AM, Sprony said:

I'm a big tabletop fan. Unfortunately I can't show off my collection because most of it is still packed away due to my recent move. But I got this one for you, which I imported from the Us due to this version having the best defined rule set and it's by far my favorite. I'll post more as I slowly unpack things in the coming months. Also, great paint job @Em'!

YoiG8NA.jpg?1

Played this last night:

pic3238287_md.jpgpic3519694_md.jpg

Was fun and had some strategy to it. I can see it being a tough game to play as you start paying attention to what your opponents' resources are and their strategy. Not the most difficult game, but definitely a nice and easy one to pick-up.

Edited by Sigma