Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Puddy

Tabletop/board/card Games (Warhammer, Munchkin etc)

Recommended Posts

Hey!

This was originally supposed to be a topic about Warhammer 40 000 specifically but I can't imagine that we have a lot of players on here, so I figured that I'd broaden the topic to include various forms of analogue gaming nerdery goodness. 

So, my fellow mapcorians, do you whip out any non-digital games from time to time?

And who else is interested in this book? :D

60010199015_40KDarkImperiumENG18.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have not done warhammer or any small figurines games (money and time seems extroadinary); but I do have a buddy who loves board games and we go over about once a month to play. Been playing Codenames (personal favorite) and Mystic Vale lately. Although he has a new game every time we go over. Consequently, the wife and I have started our own (very) small collection as well for when company is over. Otherwise, it's just Magic: The Gathering. :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah I play magic (people at my work got me back into it). It's a pretty huge money sink but I managed to actually make a profit because it turns out all the cards I have from 1993 are worth hundreds of dollars. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Sigma said:

Have not done warhammer or any small figurines games (money and time seems extroadinary);

Otherwise, it's just Magic: The Gathering. :D

:?

Can't argue about the time aspect tho!

I've heard good things about Codenames, might check it out!

16 hours ago, AlexM said:

Yeah I play magic (people at my work got me back into it). It's a pretty huge money sink but I managed to actually make a profit because it turns out all the cards I have from 1993 are worth hundreds of dollars. 

8)8)8)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I get together with friends or family from time to time to play board/card games. Haven't dared touch anything as involved as Warhammer yet. About the most involved we got was playing Risk Legacy which was fantastic, though now that it's over I doubt we'll be organised enough to go through it again from start to finish. More recently I've been enjoying Ticket to Ride and Exploding Kittens. I bought Five Tribes the other day but I've yet to organize a night to play it. It looks exciting though!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, text_fish said:

I get together with friends or family from time to time to play board/card games. Haven't dared touch anything as involved as Warhammer yet. About the most involved we got was playing Risk Legacy which was fantastic, though now that it's over I doubt we'll be organised enough to go through it again from start to finish. More recently I've been enjoying Ticket to Ride and Exploding Kittens. I bought Five Tribes the other day but I've yet to organize a night to play it. It looks exciting though!

Exploding kittens is definitely fun! Havn't seen Five Tribes yet though so I will need to look at it.

On 6/27/2017 at 10:16 AM, AlexM said:

Yeah I play magic (people at my work got me back into it). It's a pretty huge money sink but I managed to actually make a profit because it turns out all the cards I have from 1993 are worth hundreds of dollars. 

So you'll sell me that Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale and Timewalk for a nickel on the dollar, right (the Mapcore discount; still profit)? :P 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Sigma said:

Exploding kittens is definitely fun! 

I got it for my bday and we did enjoy it when we played it, however I think we were so impressed by Munchkin that we compared it to that and exploding kittens didn't really deliver to that standard. Completely different games I know... :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Sigma said:

Exploding kittens is definitely fun! Havn't seen Five Tribes yet though so I will need to look at it.

So you'll sell me that Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale and Timewalk for a nickel on the dollar, right (the Mapcore discount; still profit)? :P 

Heh I went to Osaka last year and sold some underground seas for 250$ each. I paid for a good portion of my whole vacation with magic cards :D

 

My most expensive card is probably bazaar of Baghdad at 800$. I don't have a timewalk :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Hey, i'm not passing by there that much nowadays, nothing to share but still lurking from time to time.

But this post is a good pretext to show off my paintings ;)

I re-started painting minis after I found my old 40k orks from my parent house earlier this year. I bought a lot of paints, a lot of minis and an airbrush compressor... Kinda went crazy on the expenses :D

Here are some of my work (I'm only painting, I don't even have rule books ah ah) : http://simon-aublet.com/devblog/warhammer-40k-hobby/warhammer-40-hobby-space-marines-chaos.html
 

photo_0002_IMG_0125-860x358.jpg

photo_0004_IMG_0120-860x358.jpg
photo_0003_IMG_0121-860x358.jpg

 

Hope I'm not hijacking the thread :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm a big tabletop fan. Unfortunately I can't show off my collection because most of it is still packed away due to my recent move. But I got this one for you, which I imported from the Us due to this version having the best defined rule set and it's by far my favorite. I'll post more as I slowly unpack things in the coming months. Also, great paint job @Em'!

YoiG8NA.jpg?1

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Heroquest and Zombiecide are the kind of game I would love, but I have no friend I could play with :/

So i'll just keep on painting :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 09/07/2017 at 9:18 AM, Sprony said:

I'm a big tabletop fan. Unfortunately I can't show off my collection because most of it is still packed away due to my recent move. But I got this one for you, which I imported from the Us due to this version having the best defined rule set and it's by far my favorite. I'll post more as I slowly unpack things in the coming months. Also, great paint job @Em'!

YoiG8NA.jpg?1

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Played this last night:

pic3238287_md.jpgpic3519694_md.jpg

Was fun and had some strategy to it. I can see it being a tough game to play as you start paying attention to what your opponents' resources are and their strategy. Not the most difficult game, but definitely a nice and easy one to pick-up.

Edited by Sigma

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...