jd40

[WIP] de_biome

I love how it plays and I hope it maybe gets in a permanent place in CS (Or at least in an operation)! Only thing I suggest is adding color to the cars in the parking lot. No real parking lot has only white cars, and the Newke cars were designed to be colorized. Just go to there properties and find the color area and color them to your hearts desire :)

Edited by Xingo

9 hours ago, Xingo said:

I love how it plays and I hope it maybe gets in a permanent place in CS (Or at least in an operation)! Only thing i suggest is adding color to the cars in the parking lot. No real parking lot has only white cars, and the Newke cars were designed to be colorized. Just go to there properties and find the color area and color them to your hearts desire :)

Thanks for the tip. I was looking at some reference pictures and Africa does have a disproportionately high number of white/bright cars. But you're right, an odd dark/colored car wouldn't hurt.

I'll have more elaborated thoughts on this map in a video that may or may come out soon, but I did want to share some more detailed thoughts on it.

Starting with art, I feel that some of the indoor detailing in this map is a weak-point for it. In such an otherwise fantastic looking map, I notice that many of the indoor assets such as the displacement walls could use some blendmodulate textures that are more appropriate, some textures that feel a bit higher-resolution and satisfying to look at, and some of the props used to seam the ground and the walls feel a bit dated and low resolution. It's a nit-pick, but in a map this good you are left with nit-picking. While we're nit-picking, I feel that moving clouds in the sky might be a nice touch if your FPS can handle it, remember you can disable certain props on lower settings, so for the super-high end users this would be a nice treat.

Further thoughts: there are many areas in this map where railings are covered, such as in T-Spawn. IMO, that's a bad idea because it really limits the ability of CTs to push into spawn for information. I would remove the covers from the rails so that players have unfettered visibility on those angles.

Overall, absolutely thrilled with this one from a gameplay and art standpoint.