De_Cypress (Beta)

Noodle King

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=947413316

Welcome to Cypress:
Welcome to Cypress. Construction crews are in the process of dismantling a decomissioned production and research facility. However, a radical group of terrorists have other plans. Intel suggests that the facility was used for a covert research operation on biochemical weapons. The terrorists plot to detonate bombs around the facility, blasting dangerous toxins into the air. They must be stopped at all costs.

About:
De_Cypress is in beta, meaning there are things that still need improving and fixing. This version has been released to open up to playtesting and suggestions.
My Current To Do List:
-Optimize the spawn areas further.
-Improve the navmesh.
-Improve deathmatch spawns. 
-Add detail in some areas.
-Update radar for full release.

Notes:
-Be sure to give Cypress a thumbs up!
-Any comments or feedback is more than welcome in the comments section down below.
-Read the changelog to see what has been changed.
-Current version: 1.6

Credits:
Map Creation:
Created By: Noodle King

These screenshots showcase the first version I submitted to the workshop. Since then, I have redone almost all of mid, added tons of vertical detail, redone the background of B-site, fixed tons of bugs, re textured many surfaces, and much, much more. Go take a look for yourself, since the latest version on the workshop contains these changes.

Spoiler

Cypress_Radar_Workshop.jpg

The overhead map of Cypress. I'm fairly satisfied with the basic layout, though changes are still completely possible. Note this is workshop radar, all edited pretty, the in-game one is more readable from a quick glance. I opted for the four leaf clover design, as it seems to work the best in practice. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Or in this case, make it your own thing. I've spiced it up and made it my own, mostly seen in the bombsites.

TitleCY.jpg

This is the title image on the steam workshop, featuring Ct spawn as viewed from just outside the map. The area the screenshot is taken from isn't accessible, it's just scenery. The archway to the right is the entryway into mid for the CT's. Left-center is the passage to B-site. 

20170615000557_1.jpg

The T's building to which mid can be accessed. For both ends of mid, I've put white back walls that enhance visibility.

20170615000642_1.jpg

A-site, as seen from an elevated T entry. Behind the picture is a wide hallway that borders the backside of the site. It connects the CT and T entries into the site. Behind the pillars of the main site is the connector to mid. To the left of the connector is the CT entry into the site. To the right of the connector is the T entry. 

20170615000757_1.jpg

Ct's passageway into B-site. Not much to say about this area. I think it kinda looks pretty, but i'm still figuring out how to get dynamic prop bottles behind the counter. 

20170615000817_1.jpg

B-Site as seen from just outside the CT's entrance into the site. The crane that can be seen in most of the screenshots actually plays a key role as cover in the site. Behind the corner of the building on the left is a second T entrance. Behind the crane is the connector to mid. 

20170615000840_1.jpg

The second entrance to B-site mentioned in the last description. A drop down follows the door in the middle. CT's can only access this doorway from B-site by boosting. If you don't have a buddy to boost you back up, this is a one way route. 

Note that the images are from the beta, and i'm actively working on improving the map. Also, keep in mind that these images are edited to enhance the colors and contrast. Other than colors, emblem and the brightening of some areas, what you see is what you get.

Edited by Noodle King

20170615000757_1.jpg

This screen. Its like a game finding all the weirdly used props :D

• Bleach on the shelf behind the bar
  • Train station sign on the wall
  • magazine rack
  • garden gate on the left wall
  • clock in/out thing on the wall
  • the rake on the floor...

The map seems to be progressing nicely but be careful how you build your scenes :P

6 minutes ago, Vaya said:

• magazine rack

You missed the "Montag Ruhetag" (which translates to "Monday closing day") sign on the inside of the building. It's like saying "thanks for having you. but we will be closed tomorrow."

Jokes aside, the screenshots look really nice so far! I'll check the level out when I get home today.

Is the rake scripted to snap up and damage the player once stepped on?

Edited by poLemin

9 hours ago, Vaya said:

20170615000757_1.jpg

• magazine rack

The map seems to be progressing nicely but be careful how you build your scenes :P

Wow that's hilarious I never even thought about that! I just kinda put some clutter on the floors and walls to make it feel a bit more lived in, but your right, it's got some random stuff in there. 

Oh yeah and the bleach was intentional :P 

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, S1lv3r 4 lyf said:

I have two complaints:

- Lots of things clipped off that look like you should be able to jump them (ie. behind the bar, crates, etc.).

- At higher resolutions like 600x480, the weird panely walls have weird black outlines that move about in an annoying fashion.

Good luck.

This map has gotten a full release, 

Check it out, fixed lots of the stuff the Beta suffered from.