Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Technically this is a game, just seems more fitting for an off-topic. Thought this was a cool video, there's going to be endless videos like this obviously where the intelligence of a computer just fu

Lichess looks amazing. I need to practice up.   Also I took a brief look at the programming code for it on github. Even the code is super elegant

They recently had a code update: https://lichess.org/blog/XMvcJSwAADkA0hPE/lichess-v2-is-here, I find it amazing that the website works equally well regardless of the device. I also love and admi

Posted Images

I learnt chess at a very young age (around 6-7 years old) and I really want to play again but for some reasons I can't :(

I was very good for my age in college and such but being the best at this was considered nerd or something ? and I was beatten up a lot by the cool kids (or it was because of my name? huhu). School seriously...

 

I can't afford to play against someone now, it makes me cringe. :(

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, ElectroSheep said:

I can't afford to play against someone now, it makes me cringe. :(

I know what you mean. I've reached 1300 on chess.com, and fallen back to 1200. There is something, I don't know what it is, but there is something humiliating about losing in this game. No one likes to lose, but in this game it is humiliating. Perhaps that is the nature of most 1v1 competitions, there is no one else to blame.

Does winning make it all worthwhile? In my experience, the feeling of winning is almost hollow. It's joyless. It's the losing that hurts :D

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/6/2021 at 9:04 AM, FMPONE said:

whatever makes people good at this game, i lack

FWIW I feel that way about most games I love. I've been playing fighting games for 25 years and still make stupid mistakes. That said I'm always having fun when I play them..... Well 95% of the time :D

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AlexM said:

FWIW I feel that way about most games I love. I've been playing fighting games for 25 years and still make stupid mistakes. That said I'm always having fun when I play them..... Well 95% of the time :D

My frustration at chess got really intense last week because I felt like I could *feel* the regression happening, I was actively getting worse. Then I realized most people were playing the exact same opening, so I studied it and got back to where I had been. So in a way it makes me like chess more, because you can learn from your mistakes, but in a way I resent that I had to go and memorize some bullshit, and now I'm beating people who didn't bother to memorize some bullshit. so honestly, it's a toss up

I do think something fix to chess that randomizes things would ultimately be better, but it's hard to pivot away from a game people have been playing since the dawn of time

On 2/8/2021 at 1:51 AM, Squad said:

I recently started playing against some people from work on Chess.com. If anyone's up for a game (preferably daily chess games), add me (Squad85).

It’s not letting me add you for some reason, I’ll try again later

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/8/2021 at 9:31 AM, ElectroSheep said:

I learnt chess at a very young age (around 6-7 years old) and I really want to play again but for some reasons I can't :(

I was very good for my age in college and such but being the best at this was considered nerd or something ? and I was beatten up a lot by the cool kids (or it was because of my name? huhu). School seriously...

 

I can't afford to play against someone now, it makes me cringe. :(

Sorry to hear that, man. If you're ever up for a game, just add me. I'm down for the most casual type of chess you can think of.

 

2 hours ago, FMPONE said:

It’s not letting me add you for some reason, I’ll try again later

I've had the same thing happen that I can't find/add people even if I enter their exact username. Sometimes it works at a later time. But I can also try to add you if you give your username.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Squad said:

Sorry to hear that, man. If you're ever up for a game, just add me. I'm down for the most casual type of chess you can think of.

 

I've had the same thing happen that I can't find/add people even if I enter their exact username. Sometimes it works at a later time. But I can also try to add you if you give your username.

sent you the request~

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...