Sign in to follow this  
Zarsky

Insomniac's Spiderman

Watched a 45 minute gameplay video with my daughters. Gotta get a Ps4. Hate ’exclusive’ games, not easy for many people to buy several consoles!

But as a Marvel fanboy, this game looks sooooo goood

I always wanted to get a PS3 for the exclusives and never got the spare money. Was super happy to see the remastered, planning on getting the PS4.

Now that we are well into the cycle is possible to find used units for good prices. Not sure about bundles with the most important games, but shouldn’t be too steep.

Played about 40% of the game so far and so far it's been a wonderful. Can easily see myself spend tens of hours more on just swinging around Manhattan. Insomianc has created a very detailed and immersive NYC to play around in.

If you like Spiderman even remotely, get this game!

Edited by Zarsky

I’d rather have liked them to stay independent and make games for the platform it’s best at the time.

Btw gonna play Spider-Man soon, I’ve bought a second hand PS4 with the game a few weeks ago, haven’t even set it up lol.

By far not a perfect game but it definitely pulls of "feels like you're Spiderman" pretty convincingly.

Definitely worth playing if you like Spiderman / open world + parkour.

They did a incredible job with the game, so I'm excited to see what they can pull of with they probable sequel on PS5. :P

6 hours ago, Zarsky said:

Definitely worth playing if you like Spiderman / open world + parkour.

I love the Batman Arkham series, from which they seem they took looot of inspiration. It looks like a perfected Arkham Knight experience in terms of pacing and storytelling, so I’m very excited of playing this.

Hope they don’t get boxed into being “the Spider-Man studio” and will get the chance of maybe making justice to another superhero franchise… or even better to keep bringing new IPs 

17 hours ago, blackdog said:

Hope they don’t get boxed into being “the Spider-Man studio” and will get the chance of maybe making justice to another superhero franchise… or even better to keep bringing new IPs 

Yeah, agreed. But I'm pretty sure that a squeal is in works as Spiderman has been the most successful superhero game to date selling 13 million copies.
Wouldn't be surprised to someday see another Ratchet & Clank game as well.