Sign in to follow this  
Zarsky

Insomniac's Spiderman

I believe this game deserves its own thread.

Found some info regarding the QTE's:

Are those quick time events going to be annoying? 
Hard to tell at this point, but Insomniac seems sensitive to fan’s concerns. The team says that these quick-time button prompts will be used to heighten the action during high spectacle moments, but the plan is to uses quick-time events sparingly.

Rest of the article:

Insomniac Answers Our 10 Biggest Questions

Sooo... it's definitely a Sinister Six story!

It's more and more clear it's a "Batman Arkham clone", if we can say that, but I think it's perfectly leveraging the peculiar Spiderman's skills and powers, so bring it on!
Shame is exclusive :(

Edited by blackdog

Awesoooome! A bit happy about Mr Negative not being main villain and just a part of a Sinister Six. Still cool such a C class villain gets a chance to shine though. Would also be cool if they dared to do a Sinister Six without Doc Ock as leader but doubt it a bit.

Only thing that has me a bit worried is the chase segment which gives me some Vietnam flashbacks to Ultimate Spider-Man.

There's also a demo showing a fight with Shocker.

the first bit was being shown during an interview after the keynote. They were saying this is what's playable on the showfloor.

Edited by blackdog

So the Shocker is the sixth sinister Six member and the brain behind it all!

Odd that they would show the final boss fight in a gameplay trailer.

There must have been some press event because there are lots of channels posting Spider-Man videos. Sounds cool the way they implemented the suits and skills/upgrades

Edited by blackdog

10 hours ago, blackdog said:

Very cool indeed, just a tad misleading regarding the suits, cos in a recent interview that I believe I posted, they say the gadgets are unrelated to the suits, so you can make Spidey look how you want

Yeah the suits and their modifications are a bit confusing to me some times when they're mentioned. Though from what I understand (I could be wrong) suit modifications are stuff that are related to the suits you've unlocked but  that you can move them to a different suit once you have it. So Peteypants can technically be right when he says that "each suit serves a different purpose". :D And then gadgets seem to be another things that don't necessarily have to come from a suit.