16 hours ago, mott said:

I have a quick question. How are you guys all working on the map together? Is there a way you can set up anything with the SDK to work at the same time with other people or are you all just working one at a time on the map? Overall your map is looking great! Keep up the good work!

To answer your question generally. There are ways to work on a map at the same time, but there is no real option for it in hammer.

You can litterly cut the map in half or in parts. Each guy can individually work on a part so you can sue them back together when all parts are finished. The problem kinda is, we all have our own style so there could be a risk the parts dont match together. So that requires some good communication. 

You could also make use of teamviewer so you can both work at the same time on one computer and discuss live what to do. But yeah its not ideal if you want to work quickly.

Another way is the way we work right now. We use discord and dropbox to organise and share things. We all have our own task like real sml said. While I work on the blockout, sml works on creating textures and practical problems on the models. This way we work at the same time on different aspect of the map. As soon as the blockout is finished and its time for the Artwork we can always consider to cut the map in parts for an example

Another piece of internal progress:

Hanging Lights as well as curtains!

I've modeled a gondola for the bombsite. Please note that it is not very optimized and the interior is not yet done, mostly due to time constraints -- I had to get a version in-game before playtest! Here's a render, although the model is already in-engine. 

gondola_render.png

Workshop has been updated: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=940620502

Requested a playtest for sunday 09-07-2017

Needing a fix:

Spoiler

- On A bombsite there are lights floating in the air now the gondolas move arround, will have to remove them. 
- The beam connecting the gondola to the track is a litle off :D
- Need to replace the gondola model with a newer fixed one. 

Changelog:

Spoiler

- Fixed seightlines on B

- New path replacing the B balcony

- Opened the room behind B bombsite for CT's to defend further back

- Closed up a window on midle and changed the T side a litle, they should have a easier acces now

- A seightlines are fixed

- Gondolas on A now move arround, still need some minor fixes. Known bugs are listed at the steam workshop.

- There now is a squeeky door on A

- Did a litle background detailing to represent some places in the map and worked a litle with color and new inside lighting. 

Edited by Roald

I have worked on the feedback I recieved from you guys from the playtets. Thanks alot for that!

The layout has slightly been changed.

Walk arround ingame: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=940620502

Overview:

N4WH4pe.jpg 

A few more screenshots: http://imgur.com/a/5cXbP

Edited by Roald

Seems like a really cool map and solid layout! Dig the theme and the env ideas like the lift and the diorama at CT spawn. Although i would really love if i could sit in the lift and defend the bomb post plant ;)

B site seems really cool with the CT sniper position.

Spoiler

However i noted that the CT might have a rough time taking the low position there: 20170719215337_1.thumb.jpg.40399cab98aa391cfd7093acc72ee1a7.jpg

20170719215324_1.thumb.jpg.9ebb065321dd7b004afadff5f40f429b.jpg

Seems like CT needs some cover here or they are sitting ducks for the T's coming in opposite. The Upper position should be the "risky" one with little cover but more utility ?

Also this can be really tight coming into the A site from door:

20170719215416_1.thumb.jpg.c2dbdb70ae324259ec169680a05308a6.jpg

Keep it up!

Hey again.

Afther having another playtest by Source Engine I decided to make some critical changes.

One of them is making the gondolas to be static which most of you would encourage I guess :) 

Besides I changed some paths for T's to enter A bombsite with the gondolas (main and connector path), tweaked B connector, fixed some seightlines (on midle and B main) and implented all other feedback I recieved like yours @spa

Screenshots: 

And just get your ass ingame to take a look by your self! All feedback is appriciated, thanks to the many feedback we recieved already. 

Workshop: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=940620502

Edited by Roald

This ski resort hosts the wonderful frostBITE restaurant, an international tourist destination filled with world-class cuisine and stunning views. (Did that sound good? I hope? I don't know, I'm coming up with this on the spot. Anyways, here's some branded art of theirs :))

csgo_2017-08-08_21-53-36.png

I like how it says "Földen" which sounds like the actual Ski resort "Sölden" pronounced while having the mouth stuffed with cookies.

Looks cool! Can't wait to circle around that beauty.

Well I was but also my energy runs out with the pile of work I got these days. Adult life is a pain in the ass haha. Also I ran into a motivation blockade with the last feedback I recieved so I am kind of relying on my teammates to work on that for a bit to give me new inspiration and motivation with their input. I hope that will give me some new energy like your kind words does which hopefully makes me continue to work on this project ASAP

Edited by Roald