Jump to content
Lizard

Abbey

Recommended Posts

Hi everyone I made a feedback video on some small changes you could make to the map that I would think improve it. Just for some background back when I was playing cs go a lot I was A+ on esea and lvl 8 on faceit so I like to think I at least know what I'm talking about a little. Hope you find the feedback useful!

Just as a side note the second to last point I made in the video I'm unsure about whether it should really be changed as with a good flash or bait by another player jiggle peeking the lower angle, the peek from the wall should work as intended without being too overpowered.

The video:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 20.12.2017 at 7:09 PM, Franco said:

Hi everyone I made a feedback video on some small changes you could make to the map that I would think improve it. Just for some background back when I was playing cs go a lot I was A+ on esea and lvl 8 on faceit so I like to think I at least know what I'm talking about a little. Hope you find the feedback useful!

Just as a side note the second to last point I made in the video I'm unsure about whether it should really be changed as with a good flash or bait by another player jiggle peeking the lower angle, the peek from the wall should work as intended without being too overpowered.

The video:

 

Thank you for your work here. I will check the video once the holidays are over. Really appreciate it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lizard & thewhaleman,

Congrats on a well-deserved (close) second place. Abbey plays very smoothly, been enjoying it a lot so far. Find some minor feedback attached here, the main point being the narrow doorway from T spawn towards A. Additionally, I feel some skyboxes may be a bit too low. Otherwise really enjoying the games on it :-).

Edited by fabE

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I enjoyed playtesting this map, I find that the bombsites are very different. IMO, B is a somewhat challenging site to break into, and A is a relatively easy site to break into. The contrast is fun, however I think it may mean that B takes becoming very rare overtime and statistically unbalanced. Overall, don't have too much to critique, this map definitely deserved to place so highly in the contest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 26.02.2018 at 1:58 PM, fabE said:

Lizard & thewhaleman,

Congrats on a well-deserved (close) second place. Abbey plays very smoothly, been enjoying it a lot so far. Find some minor feedback attached here, the main point being the narrow doorway from T spawn towards A. Additionally, I feel some skyboxes may be a bit too low. Otherwise really enjoying the games on it :-).

Once I'm done with my thesis I will go back and fix some of the issues with the map. Glad you like it and thanks for your feedback!

On 27.02.2018 at 1:02 AM, FMPONE said:

I enjoyed playtesting this map, I find that the bombsites are very different. IMO, B is a somewhat challenging site to break into, and A is a relatively easy site to break into. The contrast is fun, however I think it may mean that B takes becoming very rare overtime and statistically unbalanced. Overall, don't have too much to critique, this map definitely deserved to place so highly in the contest.

Thanks for the feedback. The main goal was to create two bomb sites that will feel way different from each other so I think the goal was achieved :D 

On 3.03.2018 at 3:06 AM, Radix said:

Really nice map!

Found some (very small) mostly cosmetic issues:

https://imgur.com/a/Srk1G

Thank you so much for this. I will update the map with minor fixes soon. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

great looking map, a bit of clip still poking out along this wall making you stuck running one way along it, possibly drag up the clip up to that gray trim?
j8DgPSi.jpg

Jumping from the flowerpot in this room you can randomly stand floating mid-air and along that arch and halfway floating on random parts.
KN5u88g.jpg

There is part of the clip sticking out near this location making you collide if trying to jump along the door side of it retract it a couple of units so clip is flush with the geometry of the wall:
L4exUV9.jpg

in this same location just to the right of that poking out clip there is a window you pretty much become invisible if you crouch inside consider a clip covering the hole for the window:
FNXYvro.jpg

This one is similar to the previous and adds an unfair hiding advantage so definitely just a tiny clip in the corner so players cannot hide around rather than engaging in a fight on the map:
lpp3273.jpg

Edited by RadimaX

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×