[WIP] cs_archives

A hostage map taking place in a library. Worked a lot on the layout to make it as competitively viable as it could be (for a hostage map layout), i believe.

I wanted it to have some verticality. The CTs start outside and Terrorists inside near the hostages. Most of the map is inside.

Ground floor :

xkHafkr.png

Basement :

pOj60Df.png

1st floor :

9tL0Vtq.png

The layout has been recently validated.

Right now i'm doing file management, putting everything in place and preparing all the assets that will be needed. Once it's ready and that i've created placeholders for props and textures, i'll look for an artist to work with me until the deadline.

8 hours ago, Quotingmc said:

This replacing Opera? I see it uses the same layout

Yes it replaces cs_opera. But no it doesn't use the same layout, half of it is different and even in the similar area there has been drastic changes (for example : the 3 main paths are now way more seperated, paths has been deleted/removed, the rescue area has been moved, an elevator replaces stairs and is not facing CTs so its use is reversed ...)

SgSUzE5.jpg
cs_opera layout

The main reason is that i changed it from an Opera to a library, the main room (on top of the radar) is completely different. And a lot of gameplay ideas changed the layout recently (started working on the project like 2 months ago, only on layout for now).

Also, cs_opera has never been released for public download.

Edited by leplubodeslapin