Mapcore

Mapcore's CS:GO Mapping Contest 2017

good news!

In the last contest, creators of operation maps weren't allowed to enter. I don't see any rule about this here. So, for example, catfood would be allowed to enter his new nearly completed map "Ruby"? http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=923515349&searchtext=catfood

Edited by baem123

25 minutes ago, baem123 said:

good news!

In the last contest, creators of operation maps weren't allowed to enter. I don't see any rule about this here. So, for example, catfood would be allowed to enter his new nearly completed map "Ruby"? http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=923515349&searchtext=catfood

that map wouldn't be eligible because it has art in an already released version.

5 hours ago, FMPONE said:

that map wouldn't be eligible because it has art in an already released version.

So there's a clear cut line that previously released, unfinished maps can only contain dev textures, otherwise it's disqualified? Because the rules state that you can't have released a "complete map version (layout and art)". I'm pretty sure @catfood has not released a complete version in any of these aspects (though I might be wrong)?聽Some clarification on what constitutes as complete would be great :)

51 minutes ago, grapen said:

So there's a clear cut line that previously released, unfinished maps can only contain dev textures, otherwise it's disqualified?

Right.

Not just a few obvious placeholder pieces of art, we're talking about enough art that it's unfair to new participants.

17 minutes ago, grapen said:

I see. I'm trying to figure out where that leaves me, considering the workshop version of my map has not been updated聽since the last contest, and it had some custom textures that I've since replaced and not published. It was left in a WIP聽state ever since.聽Frankly, the current version聽doesn't look anything like it does in the聽workshop version. Does this disqualify me? I'm not trying to stir things up or poke holes,聽but it made me curious on what happened, since last time the rules were more flexible, and聽it was all about getting the best maps out there. A contest like this can truly never be fair for a multitude of reasons :)

We're going to be enforcing our rules. People should err on the side of caution.

34 minutes ago, FMPONE said:

Right.

Not just a few obvious placeholder pieces of art, we're talking about enough art that it's unfair to new participants.

I see. I'm trying to figure out where that leaves me, considering the workshop version of my map has not been updated聽since the last contest, and it had some custom textures that I've since replaced and not published. It was left in a WIP聽state ever since.聽Frankly, the current version聽doesn't look anything like it does in the聽workshop version. Does this disqualify me? I'm not trying to stir things up or poke holes,聽but it made me curious on what happened, since last time the rules were more flexible, and聽it was all about getting the best maps out there. A contest like this can truly never be fair for a multitude of reasons :)

Edited by grapen

15 minutes ago, Andre Valera said:

This gives me a reason to actually finish Kaizen, since it hasn't been released and hasn't been finished does that mean it's still eligible!?

If it hasn't been released you're good.

Really really cool, I was hoping the big thing FMPONE was talking about was exactly this. I was craving to work on my map this summer, so that seems like a good match. Only bad thing is I have to learn Blender after 10 years with Maya, oh well, challenge accepted :D

Thank you for this great contest. :)

This is a great opportunity to me to show what I can do and hoppefully get more attention, players and feedback for my entry map.

I investet more than one thousand hours for my last map and compared to other maps with the same quality my map got almost no attention.

Therefore I am very thankfull for this contest. :)

I also got one question.

What should be the average fps of our maps? Does it have to be on the same level as the official maps? Or can it be lower? Does this impact the rating?

2 hours ago, FMPONE said:

People should err on the side of caution.

My apologies,聽I'm not a native speaker so I'm not sure what this means practially. Since I will be finishing my map regardless wheter it's eligible for聽the contest or not, should I enter聽it and await judgement on eligibility?

1 minute ago, grapen said:

My apologies,聽I'm not a native speaker so I'm not sure what this means practially. Since I will be finishing my map regardless wheter it's eligible for聽the contest or not, should I enter聽it and await judgement on eligibility?

PM me with your map that you're wondering about, or post more info here?